ISO help to remove smell from container....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jessicacarr

Senior Cook
I have a stainless steel insulated tumbler...got it for a whopping $25 at Starbucks. For me, that's alot to spend on something like that, but I realllly liked it. Well, I made an oopsie and left coffee in it for like a week, and needless to say, it smells really really really bad. Therefore, put vinegar water in it for a few days, thinking that would help it...nopers, it didn't help. It looks clean on the inside, but it still smells; therefore I deem it unsafe to drink from.

Any suggestions on how to really clean this stinker?

I know this may sound unusual, but whenever I need to remove some smells from a container, I stuff it with newspaper. Seal it and leave it for about 24 hours. Sniff and if there's still residue of the smell, I repeat the newspaper stuffing. I do that until the smell is gone. Most of the time just about any smell is removed from nearly any container.

I just wash with warm water and keep it without lid for a day and generally the odour vanishes.

Katie E I like your idea, it seems more effective than mine.

If the newspaper doesn't do the trick, try putting in hot water and 2 or 3 tablespoons of baking soda and let it sit covered all night. After you rinse it out if it still smells try letting it sit out in the sun.

I know this may sound unusual, but whenever I need to remove some smells from a container, I stuff it with newspaper. Seal it and leave it for about 24 hours. Sniff and if there's still residue of the smell, I repeat the newspaper stuffing. I do that until the smell is gone. Most of the time just about any smell is removed from nearly any container.
This is exactly what I came to post. It is a very inexpensive and effective solution to removing smells.

Back
Top Bottom