"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2015, 05:48 AM   #1
Senior Cook
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: York
Posts: 120
ISO more similar kitchen ornaments

Hi I bought these a long time ago in York. I can't remember where. I am attaching a picture of them. If anyone knows where I can add to this small collection, I would love to know.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KitchenStatues.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	23882  

otuatail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 09:42 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire
Katie H's Avatar
Site Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Posts: 16,049
They look like salt-and-pepper shakers. If that's the case, you should easily add to your collection by seeking out collectors and collector sites for them. I used to collect salt-and-pepper shakers and had quite an extensive collection before I either sold or gave them away.

Check out places like eBay for novelty sets. It should take you no time to add to your collection. Yard and estate sales are also good sources. Thrift stores and consignment stores often have them, as well.

Have fun. You will probably be surprised at the variety you will be able to choose from. Let your imagination soar.

"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 09:59 AM   #3
Senior Cook
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: York
Posts: 120
No these are not salt and pepper. They are just ornaments that sit on a shelf. They are made to have faces. I remember years ago there were part of a collection of vegitables including a carrot and apple.

Shame I can't find them anywhere. :(
otuatail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 11:32 AM   #4
Executive Chef
Whiskadoodle's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Twin Cities Mn
Posts: 3,855

Are there any markings on the bottom of the figures, if so, you may try to match up by making a photo of one and then check Google Images. Otherwise, take pics of each of the two you have and again look at Google Images and find the same ones or similar.

To search via Google Images:
  1. Visit images.google.com.
  2. On your computer, click the image / picture you want to search for.
  3. While holding down the mouse, drag the image into the search box.
( I am not very good at dragging things around, so I wonder if you could also Copy/ Paste an image into the search box. )

Good luck.
Whiskadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.