ISO your opinion, best male/female singer of all time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OHHHHHHHHH - someone's got to be first to say it - Elvis

I know it's a group but I LOVE the The Righteous Brothers still!

Female - Whitney, in her day, was unstoppable.

Well it's about time someone else agreed with my picks.
I was ready to change my answers to Dwight Yoakum and Sinead O'Connor :ermm:

Ethyl Merman and Jimmy Durante.

;)

There have been so many good male singers, if I had to pick one I would say Sinatra. Not because Sinatra was the best singer, but because what he brought to it.

Streisand. Come to think about it, for the same reason.

Theres Tony Bennet, Arethia Frankllin, so many fine singers, the ones coming to my mind are not of recent fame.

Roy Orbison

Linda Ronstadt or Aretha

Beth - I went to a Linda Ronstadt concert back in the mid 70's. Her voice was so perfectly clear it actually hurt to listen to her. I will have to agree with you on her - she's another major favorite!

Yes, Elvis was a good kisser :cool:

Come on now, don't you be pickin on bald and balder:LOL:just kidding, couldn't resist:huh:

That's funny LEFS, I can see why the boy always wears a cowboy hat:LOL:.
I do like his vocals on traditional country songs though. He still has that twang that you don't hear much any more.

That's funny LEFS, I can see why the boy always wears a cowboy hat:LOL:.
I do like his vocals on traditional country songs though. He still has that twang that you don't hear much any more.
Oh I like his voice too don't get me wrong. I'll tell ya what though... I only found that out when he did that part of the Jody Foster movie Panic Room. He played a very good bad guy, and yep, he's a que ball with sidewalls:LOL::LOL:. Now Ms. O'Conner, I've seen her lately on a picture or something, she has hair now.

Beth - I went to a Linda Ronstadt concert back in the mid 70's. DH and I did too, at the Greek Theater here in Los Angeles. She was magnifico! She had trouble that night with her tube/tank/sleeveless top. Her words to us [after playing adjustments with it all night] were..."I could just let it slip all the way down and not give it another thought, but I'd be embarrassed and you'd be disappointed." Thought that was very witty of her...Her voice perfect, you're right. Her voice was so perfectly clear it actually hurt to listen to her. I will have to agree with you on her - she's another major favorite!

Yes, Elvis was a good kisser :cool:
Now just how do you know that? Oh do tell.................................:-p

Two just for fun...Impossible to choose just 1 of each

Luciano Pavarotti and....

Hey check it out...Right here....Sarah Brightman....the lady can sing the phone book!
Over three octaves of range...Any style...And can dance while she's doin it!!

That pair gets my vote too, Bob! Luciano brings tears to my eyes, even when I don't understand the words.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom