ISO your opinion, best male/female singer of all time...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Trying to take a nap today, listening to music lying on my bed.
I had a classic standards sirius channel on. Fell asleep to the prettiest voices and wondered if anyone has ever thought of who their favorite male vocalist is as well as who their favorite female vocalist is. I've always known my answer since I was little. Although there are several people that I can put in top spots for various reasons or certain songs that I love. To me his voice is pure and beautiful and her voice is pure and beautiful. Although I don't know if either of these two entertainers are still singing. Apologies to our young group in here who have no doubt never heard of these two.
The man is and the lady is:
Steve Lawrence
Vicki Carr

Name your favorite.

Wow Lufs,
That's a tough one.
I guess on short notice, I'd have to say Vince Gill. Even if you're not a country fan, listen to this guy. He has a voice so warm and soothing that could melt butter in Alaska in the middle of thier cold season!
Female for me would have to be Patsy Cline.

That's an easy one for me:

Male: Joe Williams, hands down -- no one comes close!
Female: tie between Sarah Vaughan and Leontyne Price. :D

Wow Lefse,That's a tough one.
I guess on short notice, I'd have to say Vince Gill.
Take all the time you need, not meant to catch you off guard.
I don't like being put on the spot either, for me it's called processing time and I need it.
I adore Vince Gill, my husband sings his song I still believe in you, to me a lot, always makes me cry, thanks for reminding me...

OMG, there are so many depending on the age I was or am - Now Celion Dion and Josh Gorban - but many more depending on the style.

Not dependent on the music I listen to, which is not much anymore and very diversified when I did...
Frank Sinatra hands down. Smooth, good delivery, nice sounding man's voice.
Tough call on the female singer. I like a lot of female singers, but trying to think of one that can sing a bunch of songs well is eluding me. Too many get associated with just a song or two they do really well. Hmmm, Whitney Houston maybe?

Two just for fun...Impossible to choose just 1 of each

Luciano Pavarotti and....

Hey check it out...Right here....Sarah Brightman....the lady can sing the phone book!
Over three octaves of range...Any style...And can dance while she's doin it!!

First, my music tastes are soooo varied, it was difficult to choose, but I did.

For me, no question.... Luciano Pavarotti and Beverly Sills. Sadly both of them are gone. Probably singing sweetly and beautifully in heaven.

No one in here needs to worry about dating themselves. My names came due to their voices that are probably now silenced. They were good enough to make me cry when I'd hear certain songs of their.

All these choices are good here.

Male....l easy it's Phil Collins

As for female, not really sure. I don't think I really have a favorite female.
I do however like Stevie Nicks

Ugh.... well I'm a fan of rock/metal and Christian music if you can believe that. There are many Christian singers I think have 'make you cry' voices but I am not as familiar with them as I am with the rock/metal singers.

Sooooo....

for male, I would have to say Jeoff Tate. Love his voice, nice range of vocals and could carry a tune.

for female, that is a bit tougher and it is out of my realm of listening choices, but I think Christina Aguilera has a strong and wonderful singing voice. Then Amy Lee would be my very close second.

Back
Top Bottom