It's a Boy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
Nancy found out today that the baby is a boy, so our new grandson Thomas will be born around June 26th. WooHoo!!!

For anyone who is pregnant or has a pregnant daughter, friend, etc., here is a neat website: You are trying to conceive • Pregnancy calendar •. Just put the baby's due date in, then click "Show me." It will give interesting information about that stage of pregnancy. I hadn't checked it in a couple weeks, so I was surprised when I checked it this morning. It said:
Dates and numbers:
There are 140 days until your due date on June 26, 2009.
You are 140 days pregnant.
You are 4.6 months pregnant.

I just happened to hit it exactly halfway! Obviously, we don't know exactly what day Thomas will be born, but according to his due date, it is the halfway point today.

:)Barbara

Congrats. My new grandchild is due sometime in September. We found out las weekend. Of course I couldn't stop grinning for an hour or two afterwords.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Congratulations, Barbara! I am very happy for you and Nancy - the whole family! Thomas is such a nice name. Our friend's son is named Thomas and I think he is 16. Anyway, if anyone tries to call him Tom or Tommy he says - My name is Thomas and that is what I would like to be called. I think it is so great for someone that age!

Let's hope he comes as close to his due date as possible!

Thanks! I don't know if they will call the baby by any nicknames, but it will be okay with me if they do. I didn't want any nicknames for Andrew (Nancy's first) though. He only looks like an Andrew to me, not an Andy or a Drew! We sometimes teasingly call Hannah things like Hanner-Nanner or Hannah Banana, but there's not much you can do with the name Hannah. My family never was much on nicknames, to be honest. :cool:

...Let's hope he comes as close to his due date as possible!
I just noticed this part. Yes, I hope he goes full term. Hannah's birthday is June 17th (she was born on Father's Day in 2001), so now they will have two June birthdays.

Thanks Debs! I just wish I could be there when she has this one. I missed the birth of the first two, and it doesn't look like I will be there for this one either. Yes, we are very excited! I have some adorable John Deere fabric that will be perfect for Thomas!

Thanks! Nancy said she hoped this one would take after his sister during the sonogram (making it easy to tell), and he did. He pretty much did a little show for them, and there was no doubt!

Congratulations, Barb and James! I adore my grandaughters (who live far away in China, where their parents teach in an international school). I saw them last July when the family visited us, and I'll see them again in June in the US. Hopefully, we'll soon have a grandson as well - DS and DIL are trying a adopt a little Chinese boy who is 2 years old. Lots of bureaucracy and red tape, so some positive wishes/prayers couldn't hurt....

Oh goody! More babies!! Such a great way to start people!!! My 3 grandbabies (youngest is 3 months old) have simply given me a new lease on life. Congrats on Thomas' impending arrival in June.

Back
Top Bottom