"It's Time to Eat!"--How Do You Say it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's all in fun. It all started because I used to call her to dinner too soon. I learned my lesson before she realized it so now we play a little game from time to time.

I usually follow it with "When are you going to get a *%@#* hearing aid?"
:rolleyes:

As kids we used to hear the mosque prayers wherever we were playing and start heading home for lunch. At dinner time our househelp would go outside and yell our names at the top of her voice and we knew what it was about. Here, I just say, "Lunch's ready" or "Dinner's ready"

dinner is ready, or lunch is ready and so on. now i just eat, since i am by myself.

Same here, babe.

Our gang used to say, "Grab it 'n growl." :)

My late Mom used to tell of my older brother banging his little fists on the table and yelling, "Bring it over here!" Brother turned 72 last month.

My mum used to call us with a bell.

My grandmother did the same thing. It was a huge bell on a post behind the kitchen door. We could hear it for miles. :)

Of course, there is the family joke about about her sister who told grandma, "I need to call my children for dinner." She walked to the back porch and shouted, "Clean up and get in the car, kids!" :ROFLMAO: Grandma was scandalized, but the rest of us thought it was hysterical. :LOL:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom