I've missed all of you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Hi everyone,
I've missed all of you. I have been spending my days and nights at the hospital with my mom. We took her last monday night thinking she might have the flu, and now we will be bringing her home tomorrow to keep her comfortable til she goes to join my dad. She has congestive heart failure and has stopped drinking and eating. She knows we are there, but sleeps most of the time. The priest came this evening and gave her last rites, and it seemed to calm and quiet her. My sister will be staying here for awhile and will help me care for her. Hopefully tomorrow she can come home. I have to wait til I talk to hospice and see about a hospital bed for her and then we will see what we can do. I'll try to come say high..I've missed all of you so much.You've know idea how comforting it is to know you have a family here on DC to turn to when you need them..Thank you
hugs to all

kadesma

Kadesma... we love you!

I wish I had the right words to let ya know how proud I am of you.
You're a good daughter and great wife and a wonderful grandma! YOU ROCK!

I'll be thinking about you.

smiles, T

dear kadesma - my prayers are with you and your family at this most difficult time. may you each be surrounded with comfort, peace and love.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family, kadesma.

We're praying for your mom, you, and your family also. Take all the time you need--we'll all be here for you.

James and Barbara

I have missed you too, but knew you were very busy the last time we heard from you. My prayers are with your mother and you as you provide care for her, also for the rest of your family as they are able to help out. Thanks for letting us know. I know what it is like to care for a family member at the end of their life and know it can be a very meaningful time. Best wishes.

Kads.....my prayers are with you mom, you and your family. I know how hard it is to care for an ailing parent, I took care of both my parents prior to their passing. Hospice is a god send and they will really help you through this time. Be sure to lean on your other family members also if possible. Don't try to do it all by yourself okay. Take care and let us hear from you when you can. Again, my prayers are with all of you. Huge Hugs!

(((Kadesma))) I know this is a very diffiult time for you and your family but, it is truly a wonderful thing you're doing for your Mom-bringing her home to cross over in peace and comfort and even with that how you are with her reassuring her of your love.Much love and energy,Vicki

I am sending you as many hugs as you can take. I will be thinking of you with love in my heart.

You know that I love you! You have been such a wonderful daughter!! She knows deep down how much you have done for her. She will soon be at peace and as you said, will be with your dad again. I'm here for you!! Tell your hubby to give you a big hug for me!!

Kadesma; You already know how I feel. Just remember that you will see her again, just not for a while.

I went through the same thing with both of my parents, and my stepfather. Even though we believe in the hereafter, and life eternal, it's still very difficult to watch a loved one go to where you can't join them. You feel a sense of deep loss. But that excruciating feeling is tempered with time, and life goes on. Love her, and know that as she is standing again with your father, they will be able to watch you, and though you won't be able to share their experiences, they will share yours.

Live your life as you have always lived it, with kindness, and caring for others. That will continually bring you happiness and fullfilment, and make your parents proud that they are your parents.

I pray that Heavenly Father will give you strength to bear this difficult time.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Oh, kads, I hurt for you. You and your mom are in my prayers. You're such a good, strong daughter. You're mom is very lucky. {{hugs}}

I can't add anything more to what everyone else has said Kads. We love you and we're sending our thoughts and prayers to you and your family in this time of need. If there's anything any if us can do for you please just let us know.

Kadesma, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time. We'll be here for you when you need us.

Oh, Kadesma, my heart goes out to you and your family. Your mom has been blessed to have such a lovely daughter and family. You and your mom and your family are, and will remain, in my thoughts and prayers. Sandyj

All I can add, cj, are some words from a thing I've got hanging in my kitchen:

Our family is a circle of strength and love.
With every birth and every union, the circle grows.
Every joy shared adds more love.
Every crisis faced together makes the circle stronger.

We here at your other family send our strength and love to you.

Back
Top Bottom