I've not been this sick in I don't know how long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spiritboxer said:
Good grief, the flu can be horrible, hope you're feeling better today. Grape juice or grape seed extract, if you can't handle the sugar, works wonders if your lungs are congested. I have chronic bronchitis and this stuff has kept my lungs clear for years. Very high in anti-oxidants according to my Dr.
Bless you all, this forum has the nicest people I've ever come across on-line.

We buy the cran-grape juice. I use a lot of herbal medicines. Black Walnut Extract will kill the stomach flu (1/2-1 tsp) and you only have to take it once. What companies put out grape seed extract? I will start looking for it.
There is a "brain storm" about blueberries. I have noticed that my grocery stocks 46 oz bottles of blueberry juice. I don't want to become a genius. Do you know of any other benefits for blueberries?

ronjohn55 said:
Warning!

If any of you get the nasty cold/flu bug that's going around, be prepared!

It is *awful*! I missed two striaght days of work earlier this week (The first time I have EVER missed two days in a row being sick). The folks here are the office were shocked when Tuesday came and I called in again. I've had awful chills, a horrible sore throat, stuffed up sinuses and now I have a cough that could can be heard on the other side of my house!

My voice is shot (From the coughing and sore throats) and I've got next to no appetite.

So, if you get this, be prepared for a VERY rough ride!

John

Just wondering if you have the flu and not a cold. Did you have a flu shot this year? My husband and I both had all the symptoms you mentioned. It is taking him much longer to recover. :sleep: I had a flu shot, he did not. We don't know if that made the difference or not?

Stargazer, likely the flu shot saved you from a truly nasty bug. Ronjohn's malady sounds like flu not a cold. I got my bug before the flu shots were available this year dang it. For those of you reading this, flu shots really do work!

And, as a nurse, I will add that it is not too late to get a flu shot. It cannot protect from all strains of flu but it may definitely help lessen the symptoms if you do contract this nasty bug.

My daughter called me last night, barely able to speak, telling me she was sicker than she'd been in a long time. She had a bad sore throat, high fever and chills. I talked with her this afternoon, and she barely remembered calling...guess she was just sick and wanted her mommy. That happens, no matter how old you are.
She went to the doctor today, and found out she has strep throat, and will be contagious for 24-48 hours. Bless her heart, she sounds so pitiful. She may be 33, but she's still my little girl.

I had the flu 3 weeks ago. In bed for five days only eating one can Campbell's chicken noodle a day - small bowls 2 or 3 times a day. It came on quick so I took Zicam immediately with no results. It's a major pain when you are dealing with it. I remember being so sick I could hardly sleep at times and then later I could barely stay awake with my eyes watering like a leeky faeut. I have a lot of family and friends, some on this board as well, that have major health issues. When I started to get better the first thing I thought about is that I'm so lucky I am.

My son was getting the nasties like this. He will not take herbal remedies and did not want to or have time to go to the doctor. He had some over the counter sinus/congestion medication. I bought him a bottle of cold multi-symptom liquid. With a lot of rest he got better.
I think the important note of the medication was that it was the same brand. Also he stopped taking the sinus meds when he took the cold meds.

ronjohn55 said:
Warning!

If any of you get the nasty cold/flu bug that's going around, be prepared!

It is *awful*! I missed two striaght days of work earlier this week (The first time I have EVER missed two days in a row being sick). The folks here are the office were shocked when Tuesday came and I called in again. I've had awful chills, a horrible sore throat, stuffed up sinuses and now I have a cough that could can be heard on the other side of my house!

My voice is shot (From the coughing and sore throats) and I've got next to no appetite.

So, if you get this, be prepared for a VERY rough ride!

John

John, I hope that you are feeling better. I am also recuperating from this nasty bug. It is why I have not logged on DC much in the last week. I still have the horrible cough and sore throat. On Superbowl weekend I spent most of it on the couch. I did not have the energy to do much else.

Back
Top Bottom