James Just Scared Me Half to DEATH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barbara L

Traveling Welcome Wagon
James hasn't had his inhaler in awhile, so he asked the doctor for a prescription. When we got home, we went into the bedroom (where I am still confined). While I am recuperating, he has a small computer desk and his laptop on his side of the bed so he can keep me company. While sitting on the edge of the bed, he used his inhaler. Suddenly he leaned forward, then rolled head-first to the floor. On the way down he hit his computer desk, which pushed into a hamper that he had set another hamper on top of. I'm screaming his name, practically leaping over the bed (with hurt leg and arm hurting from a shot) and grabbing the phone. Just as I was about to dial 911, he sat up and asked why I was screaming at him. It took a few moments for his head to clear enough to understand why I was telling him to lie down.

He said that being new, the inhaler was really strong, and he must have held it in too long. When he hit the desk he cut his nose just above his glasses. Fortunately it wasn't bad (more of a nick), and he didn't break his glasses, which are only a week old. He also scratched his shoulder. He is fine now.

Whew!

:)Barbara

Barb,
keep an eye on him tonight. That scared the bejebus out of me too..James, you take it easy or the karma bandit is gonna hunt ya down.. all kidding aside, please be careful we love you to much to hear that you've been hurt.
cj

James said to say that he is a tank and that he is okay. He also said you are both sweet for caring.

He may be a tank, but he is still a little dizzy and is lying down. Sometimes General Barbara has to put the tank out of commission for awhile!

:)Barbara

Oh my! That must have been scary Barb. I've fainted before (during a pennicilin test on my arm) busting my lip and scraping my forehead and it's not pretty. Tell James to be careful. I'd lay in bed to use an inhaler just in case I knock out or something. Just sure glad he's okay now. Hugs,

wow! I'd keep a watch on him and definitely let Jame's Dr. know about his reaction----my DH scared me similarly-----this winter he was coughing so much due to allergies that he literally would pass out for a few seconds.......I reacted the same way you did.........adrenaline will give you strength like no tomorrow....then he'd wake up and not even remember it........apparently that sometimes happens

Once he's feeling better give him a punch in the arm from me :LOL:

GEEZ - it scared me just reading it!!!!!!!!!!!
James said that he thinks the punch you gave him in the arm at Raine's BBQ place must have weakened him so much that it forced him to have this reaction!

:LOL:Barbara
P.S. He said it's hard to keep a good man down (and that if you don't buy that, he's just stubborn!).

Yea - I socked him good didn't I???? Um, let's not forget that punch was from BT, not from meek and mild little ol' me! :LOL: :innocent:

Poor BT!!!! hahaha

Sang to the tune of "Charlie Brown";
Buckytom, de de de di dee
Buckytom, de de de di dee
He's a clown
that Buckytom

He's gonna get caught
just you wait and see
"Why"s everybody always picking on me?" :LOL:

I think my good freind BT is becoming the scapegoat for all things mischievous around here. It's just a good thing he has such a wonderful sense of humor. Though I haven't heard from him in a while.

All kidding aside, tell James to be careful with that inhaler. This time, circumstances were such that he suffered minor cuts and abrasions. What if that had happened while he was driving. That is extremely scary. Had that been my DW, I would have done the same thing, jumped, grabbed the phone, and started dialing. My heart would have been in my throat.

I'm glad you're ok, James.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Back
Top Bottom