January 23rd 2009 is National Pie Day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_779801_0_709f085dfb3fc6870996845db2090bb6.jpg

I'm really wanting a Coconut pie...Had one for Christmas....It ranks in my Top 5 Pies...
However...I'll prolly just drool thinking about it........

Wow... now I am not a big holiday fan but this is one I could get behind... I love pie.. I would probably make one to celebrate but I was up well past midnight making cornbread and had to be in the office for an early meeting... so I am ehausted... there will be no cooking or baking tonight... just drinking.. been a rough week

I was thinking about celebrating and making a chicken pot pie for dinner but its just me so enchiladas it is.

As there are only a couple of hours left, I thought I would bump this thread up again for the last time.
MMMMMPieSusan

I LOVE pie! In fact, I just told James that since it is a very important national holiday we should honor this day by getting a pie! So he is going to go to Bi-Lo and get a pie! It's too late to bake one, but they have some decent pies. Thanks Susan!

:)Barbara

PieSusan, you should have let us know sooner. I would have made a pie last night and brought it to work today. I am sure my coworkers would have been thrilled to help me celebrate National Pie Day.

Well, there are two Pie Days each year, the second one is March 14th. (It is pi day 3.14) Is that early enough of a warning for you? lol

Pi Day » The official web site for Pi Day, March 14th

and

Pi Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pi Day is celebrated by making pie and dividing it into equal pieces to share. (Geometry, anyone remember that?!!) lol

Now you are beginning to understand my baking philosophy. It is always a good time to bake if one is feeling up to it. For me, it helps me destress, unwind and be creative and then, I get to share with my friends. For me it is a win/win.

Yayyy, National Pie Day! I haven't made any lately, but here a couple I made in recent past.
Here's to you, PieSusan!!
img_780315_0_c10bb96cca09d3e4c56e3e84cc147d79.jpg

blueberry pie, obviously! :rolleyes:
img_780315_1_e2831c0704d4e7e718b82e97d15d9491.jpg

crustless coconut cream pie
img_780315_2_57a795fabfac4809c430903bfee4b4ce.jpg

Back
Top Bottom