Japanese Eatery Serves $110 Dirt Meals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
We Get the Dirt on this Season’s Fad Ingredient. Hint: It’s Dirt. | RocketNews24

There is a chic French restaurant in Tokyo’s Gotanda district known to those in-the-know. It’s called Ne Quittez Pas, and it is famous for using high-quality seafood and produce from Kanagawa’s Misaki region. However, they’ve just unveiled a new full-course menu created around a rather peculiar ingredient: actual dirt. Of course, we had to check it out.

Why have meat as the main ingredient when you can have dirt:chef::chef:

:ohmy: You mean to tell me that my backyard is elegant cuisine !!!

Well come on over, grab a shovel full .. worms will be extra !! :ROFLMAO:

My ex-MIL always used to say everyone will eat a peck of dirt in their lives. I've had mine, thanks anyway.

My question would be..... Is there any nutritional value to the dirt? If it does not add to the flavor (the author could not discern a "dirt" flavor) and it doesn't have nutritional value, why bother and why pay $110? I guess it could just be the novelty. =\

My question would be..... Is there any nutritional value to the dirt? If it does not add to the flavor (the author could not discern a "dirt" flavor) and it doesn't have nutritional value, why bother and why pay $110? I guess it could just be the novelty. =\

I have no clue what the nutritional value of dirt is, but they are using a special kind of dirt though so I say it has more nutritional value then the crappy stuff I have in my lawn right now.

We call all agree that dirt will bring a special color to you meal though...

I want the recipes though:chef::chef::chef:

actually there is.
i've read of macaws (parrots) in south america that eat clay laden dirt from a particular cliff in a rainforest, and scientists who've studied it say that it's loaded with minerals that supplement the birds' diets.

i guess you have to get there early each day if you want it with protein... :D

Apparently lots of folks eat dirt, it's called pica (which is a word for eating anything that's not "food"), particularily some pregnant women. They are missing something in their diet, and make up for it by eating dirt for the minerals in it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom