Jeans that fit!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
If any of you gals are like me, finding blue jeans that fit perfectly is about as easy as locating the Loch Ness monster. I just found a site that tells you the best fit for you (no measuring tape needed!) and then tells you the price & where you can get them. (you don't have to sign up for anything and you also don't have to purchase from their site).

Jeans - Designer Jeans - Top Brand Jeans | zafu.com

Oh...I'm off to check it out. I have such a hard time finding ones that fit me right. I just recently found a perfect pair and paid a good amount for them but it was worth it to finally find a pair that fit perfectly. Do you know it'd been a year since I'd last bought a pair because I have such a hard time and won't settle. I can't tell you how many times I went and tried on pair after pair only to be disappointed and leaving the store with no jeans in tow. Thanks jkath!

Great site. I'm def. going to have to try their suggestions, especially since the pair I recently bought are one of their picks. Thanks again!

I haven't worn jeans since the early 80s for just this reason. I don't believe there is a pair created that can do my lovely shape any justice. As a matter of fact, I find all pants suspect. :mad: I much prefer dresses and skirts and it would seem they prefer me, as well!

I will look into this site, however..just in case hades has actually frozen over.:ohmy:

I have a horrid time finding jeans to fit, have even bought Mens ! I have a waist bigger than I like, no butt or hips! Thin legs - bummer When I get the waist to fit, I can pull out two inches in the seat and thigh - :( Thanks for the site !

Ok ladies.... I have a hard time finding jeans long enough for me and ones that fit nicely too. Anyhow, for the last 7 years, I order my jeans online from Newport News... they have this collection called Jeanology that is to die for... any style, (low rise, bell bottom, boot cut, slim fit... etc...) any color... I mean any color and just about any type of material you can think of... I really like their corduroy and they have these others that are made of stretchy material that I just love cuz on those days you not feeling so slender, they still fit without binding. OH, and the best part, they are around $20 a pair!!! I am a jean wearing fool... so I buy all my jeans from there.

Thanks, jkath! DH always makes fun of me because I have so many pairs of jeans in the closet that I never wear. He doesn't understand how they can fit one way at the store and then a completely different way after wearing them once or twice.

Once, long, long ago, I had a wonderful pair of jeans that fit just teh way I wanted them to. I wore them 'till the knees were non-existent and thin everywhere else, too! I couldn't find a similar pair anywhere. I was so sad about giving them up that they sat in my closet for a couple years. :LOL: :rolleyes: DH finally "packed" them up when we moved!:(

They did a whole series on the Oprah show about fitting jeans. I found that my high waisted momma jeans are commonly worn by all mothers. Who would know that you don't have to put up with a wedgie to wear jeans. Apparently (or apparel wise) there are no truly famous jeans designers.

Wow this is brilliant !! t's next to impossible to find jeans that fit. Since I have a rather large behind and hips with a tiny waist. And I'm not even 5 ft. tall. So even petite can sometimes be pretty long on me. And I prefer straight leg. Not flare or boot cut ! This site found 27 pairs for me.

middie said:
Wow this is brilliant !! t's next to impossible to find jeans that fit. Since I have a rather large behind and hips with a tiny waist. And I'm not even 5 ft. tall. So even petite can sometimes be pretty long on me. And I prefer straight leg. Not flare or boot cut ! This site found 27 pairs for me.

Hey Middie! Ever catch the show "What Not To Wear"? One thing I did learn through them is how to dress my body type. I too am on the petite size as I'm only 5'2" so the length in a lot of jeans is just way too long. I can't tell you the number of jeans that I have problems with in this area. They did suggest when trying them on to fold the cuff under to the length you desire and then take them to a tailor and have them hemmed. Don't know why but I never thought of that. So I know the next time I find a pair that looks great from the knees up and the only problem is the length this girl is spending a few extra bucks and chopping the length off.

Hi jkath, thanks for posting this. I wanted to ask if you had tested this to see if the recommendations actually work for you.

I will try to go to Gap and try the one they recommended for me but I was curious if anyone else had beat me to the test and can share if they were happy to have found that best fitting pair of jeans.

I have yet to find something like that. Everything I have is extremely lose at the waist.

Yakuta said:
Hi jkath, thanks for posting this. I wanted to ask if you had tested this to see if the recommendations actually work for you.

I will try to go to Gap and try the one they recommended for me but I was curious if anyone else had beat me to the test and can share if they were happy to have found that best fitting pair of jeans.

I have yet to find something like that. Everything I have is extremely lose at the waist.

I know the pair of jeans I just bought recently were on the list and they fit me beautifully. As I said in my initial post I have a very hard time finding jeans and in fact last time prior to this last purchase was a year ago.....thats how bad it is for me. But I found this pair and of course spent way more than I'd ever imagine on a pair of jeans but the fit is amazing so it was worth it. I'll def. try out the other suggestions since this one was one of theirs.

Hi Sizzle, sorry did not read your post saying the one you purchased was on the list. Good to know it works. I am also 5.2 and the only ones I like are gap jeans but even they don't fit well at the waist.

What a great selection!!!!!

I usually own 1-2 pair of jeans and Mr HB actually DRIED mine in the dryer. The man is sick and has been put on laundry room restriction (like that upsets him:rolleyes: ). When I was Twiggy thin, he could do that but not now. :pig:

This is great and I'm going out this weekend to try some on.

Yakuta said:
Hi Sizzle, sorry did not read your post saying the one you purchased was on the list. Good to know it works. I am also 5.2 and the only ones I like are gap jeans but even they don't fit well at the waist.

hey we all overlook things....no biggie! Glad I was able to let you know my experience.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom