Jessica's big announcement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piccolina

Executive Chef
HI everyone, I have an announcement to make. It's something that has come about very suddenly, and of which we were not saying anything until things seemed to be substantially concrete.

In the past few weeks (literally, I mean “few”, as in just since 2006 started) my husband has come to be given a new job offer. I can't say from where at the moment, but it was a very extensive application, made all the more important by the fact that this employer needs my husband (Tony) there (at their company) ASAP, because he has some skills that they require urgently. That in itself is very exciting, very wonderful news...but here is where the really wild part comes in.....

The job is in Canada!!! In fact it's in the greater Toronto area! Usually to get a job in this kind of way (Tony's not a Canadian himself, so it's an arduous process to obtain work in Canada) takes months of paperwork and internal procedures, but as I said the co. needs him right away. It's a short term job but we are incredibly excited as it means that we are going back (for him the first time as a worker) to Canada.

This has happened exceptionally fast, and there is (as in almost all situations) still a slim chance that things could end up not working out (fingers crossed that doesn't happen). We've only known that he was accepted for the position in the last couple of weeks! So it's been an incredibly frantic mad rush to try and take care of things on this end. Each day has brought both ups and downs in the process, but as we are set to fly out of Ireland on this coming Friday (10th) I feel that it's time that I told you all about this, as it's finally beginning to look like it might come to fruition!

We will be moving with just a suitcase a piece (awww, you've got to love airline baggage limits, not!), so no furniture or things like that are coming with us. I expect that a computer will be amongst the first things we purchase when it's feasible for us to do so, but I cannot say for certain when that will be (lol, especially since this move and all it's entailing costs having just sprung up on us over night). But I will be on the boards as much as I can until then, and once we get to Canada I will check in and help out here as much as I can.

I don't even begin to guess at what the future holds for us, but I hope with all my heart that the move and Tony's new job go well and that this is the start to a much better chapter in our lives. I will miss you all so much, I can't imagine not being here all the time, but I will stop by as often as I can.

Thank-you everyone, please keep us in your thoughts and keep those fingers crossed!:)

Congratulations Jessica! What amazing news for you two!!!!

I am so looking forward to hear how you are loving being in Canada!

You will truly be missed for the time you won't be here, but keep in mind we'll welcome a "hello" from you any time :) we can get one.

Enjoy the beginning of the next chapter of your lives!

Jessica, let me take this moment to tell you we all really are excited for you two. Remember we love you and don't want you to disappear, so you better come back as soon as you can !!!!!!! :cool:
We will be praying for you :chef:

Jessica!!!!! YIPPPPPEEEEE! This is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so happy for you both! How close will you be to your family?

I'll miss ya while you're gone but ... oh this is such wonderful news!

smiles and hugs to both you and Tony!!

That's exciting!!! Can't wait to hear all the details of how you love being back in Canada!! I'm very happy for you girl!! Congratulaions!!

Thats great news Jessica! I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope the best for you both.:cool: Keep us updated!

HEYYYYYY!!!! Thats FANTASTIC!!!! :w00t2: I hope that it all goes smoothly. I really like Toronto. Very nice people live there. I visited awhile ago. I'll will be crossing my fingers my friend!!! :)

Wow, Jessica, what great news! I can "hear" the excitement in your words!! Fingers crossed - positive thoughts - and prayers - all for you both!!

:clap: :clap:

Excellent news! What a big move for you, and how exciting that will be for you to be back in Canada. Best of luck to you and your husband too on his new work adventure. Keep in touch.

Good to hear, eh? We'll have a Timmies double-double waiting for you at the airport.:) (That's Canadian code talk eh....for those wondering.)

Jessica,
while I'll miss you and how wonderful you are to all of us..I have to say I'm so pleased for you..May all your dreams come true..And I hope we see and hear from you soon..You will be sorely missed.

kadesma:)

Jessica, that sounds just great, even if we loose one of our european fellows ;o))
I wish you all the best that get everything managed quickly and you will be able to be here again soon!!!

Aaah huuuh, that's what you guys were up to!! Somehow I had a feeling this may be something like this...:cool: This must be a huge move for both of you and along with it lots of hustles and bustles, try to take it easy as much as possible and don't forget to stop and smell the roses, or DC too:-p
Best of luck to both of you my dear friend, I hope Tony will enjoy his new opportunity and the new surroundings, and I hope things will get settled soon and you will be back with us before long!!

Jessica- hope your trip is safe and troublefree-I live about 1 1/2 hrs. from Toronto and visit the city often-as a matter of fact, I'm taking my husband there for his birthday! Good luck to you and your husband-:)

Ken said:
Good to hear, eh? We'll have a Timmies double-double waiting for you at the airport.:) (That's Canadian code talk eh....for those wondering.)

Can't beat a good Timmies, eh Ken? Although I'm just south of the border to Canada and we have them all over here now. Can't beat their coffee!

Back
Top Bottom