"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-17-2009, 02:59 PM   #1
Head Chef
 
qmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Puget Sound convergence zone
Posts: 997
Just booked flights for our 25th anniversary holiday.

British Air business class (as good as it gets), Seattle to Paris, Return from London.

6 nights Paris, 2 nights London.

We are SOOOO jazzed!

__________________

qmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
Head Chef
 
Mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,810
Congratulations!!!! I hope you have a wonderful time. When are you going? Make sure you take lots of pictures and post them as soon as you get back!
__________________

__________________
www.Mamas-Southern-Cooking.com
Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:11 PM   #3
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 3,619
Congratulations, qmax!!!! If you keep this up, you'll be married another 25 years! I know you both will have a lovely time and I hope you'll return with a complete account and more pics!
Fisher's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:15 PM   #4
Head Chef
 
qmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Puget Sound convergence zone
Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama View Post
Congratulations!!!! I hope you have a wonderful time. When are you going? Make sure you take lots of pictures and post them as soon as you get back!
Going mid-April ("April in Paris").
qmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:16 PM   #5
Executive Chef
 
miniman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Basingstoke, England
Posts: 4,687
Have a wonderful time.
__________________
"For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others." - Nelson Mandela
miniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #6
Head Chef
 
Toots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 1,580
Your trip sounds wonderful - and it doesn't get much better than flying business class on BA.
Toots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:24 PM   #7
Head Chef
 
Mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,810
Quote:
Originally Posted by qmax View Post
Going mid-April ("April in Paris").
Well, you couldn't have chosen a better time!
__________________
www.Mamas-Southern-Cooking.com
Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:28 PM   #8
Head Chef
 
qmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Puget Sound convergence zone
Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toots View Post
Your trip sounds wonderful - and it doesn't get much better than flying business class on BA.

That's the truth. Lie-flat seats, good food and drink. A cubicle for two if you get the center section on a wide-body aircraft. Of the airlines I have flown, the only ones that are comparable are Singapore Airlines and Jet Airways (an Indian carrier, go figure).

I fly international business class for work several times a year, but Mrs. qmax never has. I want her to experience it once.

I used 200,000 frequent flyer miles for the tickets. Still had to pay a grand for taxes and fees. But considering the airfares are normally around $6K each from Seattle......
qmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:35 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pdswife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Mazatlan
Posts: 20,334
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Have a wonderful wonderful time! ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Love the life you live!
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:37 PM   #10
Head Chef
 
MexicoKaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bucerias, Nayarit, Mexico
Posts: 1,914
Your trip sounds heavenly. Thanks for sharing your good news with us.
__________________
Saludos, Karen
MexicoKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:42 PM   #11
Head Chef
 
Toots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 1,580
Quote:
Originally Posted by qmax View Post
That's the truth. Lie-flat seats, good food and drink. A cubicle for two if you get the center section on a wide-body aircraft. Of the airlines I have flown, the only ones that are comparable are Singapore Airlines and Jet Airways (an Indian carrier, go figure).

I fly international business class for work several times a year, but Mrs. qmax never has. I want her to experience it once.

I used 200,000 frequent flyer miles for the tickets. Still had to pay a grand for taxes and fees. But considering the airfares are normally around $6K each from Seattle......

My husband & I flew BA/business class over to London in September and it was a brand new plane. It was so wonderful we joked while waiting for take off that we didn't care if we went anywhere or not. I think BA does everything just right, even in coach the service is superior to other carriers.
Toots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:05 PM   #12
Head Chef
 
qmax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Puget Sound convergence zone
Posts: 997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toots View Post
My husband & I flew BA/business class over to London in September and it was a brand new plane. It was so wonderful we joked while waiting for take off that we didn't care if we went anywhere or not. I think BA does everything just right, even in coach the service is superior to other carriers.



I made a lot of business trips to Mumbai (Bombay), India this year.

For some reason, all the international carriers leave Mumbai at 2 or 3 in the AM. We started referring to getting on the airplane as "getting back in the bubble". I had to leave the bubble (hotel) to get to the airport, then sit around for hours, exhausted, in the airport waiting to board. And Mumbai airport is like being on another planet. Goofy, crazy, smelly. Finally getting on the aircraft, I wou go ld just sit back and "Ahhhh...back in the bubble".
qmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 07:24 PM   #13
Head Chef
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: N.E., Ohio
Posts: 1,644
I am so happy to see how excited you are! Have a wonderful time!!
__________________

PieSusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
×