Just wondering...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes. There has been lots of great advice so far. Thank you all so much.

My husband and I moved to this small town just a couple months after we got married. Unfortunatly we had to leave behind our church, since we couldn't justify driving the 40 min. every Sunday, to still end up being late..

Anyways, we joined a nice church here.. and are probably the youngest married couple there, by at least 8-10 years, lol. A large group of the women will plan fun events together, and they all just love giving me a hard time about being so young...(Their favorite examples are...I'd never heard of MC Hammer, never owned a casset tape, I didn't know you used to have to lick postal stamps:ermm:..I'll just stop there..)

I went to a 6 week study called 'Mother Wise' with all these women, and am just, very blessed to have friends (that includes all of you!) who will give me pointers, and advice. I can't tell you how much I have grown, and matured just in the past year that i've been married, and been around these women.

So thank you all for the great advice..

Anyways, we joined a nice church here.. and are probably the youngest married couple there, by at least 8-10 years, lol. A large group of the women will plan fun events together, and they all just love giving me a hard time about being so young...(Their favorite examples are...I'd never heard of MC Hammer, never owned a casset tape, I didn't know you used to have to lick postal stamps:ermm:..I'll just stop there..)

I went to a 6 week study called 'Mother Wise' with all these women, and am just, very blessed to have friends (that includes all of you!) who will give me pointers, and advice. I can't tell you how much I have grown, and matured just in the past year that i've been married, and been around these women.

So thank you all for the great advice..
I'm so glad you've found this group at church as well as here, beginner. Another thing you and hubby might like to do is offer to babysit (even overnight) for some of the members of your church. Ya'll will enjoy it, the parents will bless you for it, and you'll be building up a bank of people who will return the favor someday! Really, it's a great way for you and your hubby to start to figure out what your parenting styles will be.

We've thought about doing that. Saying that we'll babysit (overnight if they'd like) a week. We just havn't gotten serious about it.

We have a couple that we're pretty good friends with that has 3 boys and a girl.. 9 yrs, 7 yrs, 4 yrs, and 2 yrs. Or at least they're close to those ages. We've watched them a couple times, and had them stay the night 3 or 4 times so far. It can be exhausting sometimes, but I know I would like to have a married couple that I trusted be able to watch my kids for me someday. Usualy we keep them overnight on days that they go grocey shopping. We had them stay the night the day after Valentines Day, so they could spend some time together. They told us that we're the only couple since they had their 1st boy, who has ever offered to watch them. I couldn't believe that. So we babysit often for them.

That is just wonderful of you and your hubby, beginner. It's so true about really appreciating having someone you can trust to care for your children. 3 years ago, my mom fell down the stairs and broke a lot of bones, etc. She needed me to come and care for her but my husband had had to take a job in PA and the older kids lived in different cities. My youngest was 3 and I didn't know what to do. My best friend and her husband just sort of moved in and stayed here for 2 weeks while I went to care for my mom. I can't tell you what that meant to me to know my kids were safe and well cared for. You and hubby deserve a big pat on the back for this.

Back
Top Bottom