Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm actually not reading it, but got it on audio "Persuasion" by Jane Austen. The library was supposed to have a copy and when I arrived to pick it up, it wasn't there, but the audio version was. I'm still going to read the book since I get much more out of it reading than listening. "Persuasion" was Jane Austen's last book and was printed posthumously. It is quite interesting about a couple who had fallen in love as young people and thru family interference not married but found each other later.

Last edited:
Have just moved on to Tulipomania - "The story of the world's most coveted flower & the extraordinary passions it aroused".

Very interesting read so far. Amazing how entire lives & fortunes were both made & lost over the TULIP, of all things!!

i'm reading an ibm x-series 342 server maintenance manual as i chat here today. :( one of our servers crashed, and is stuck loading virtual product data, and the spare system board is having serveraid problems.

1 guess which is more interesting. ibm, or foodies.

i'm reading Chef's materials. it's fascinating. learning 'bout Escoffier & Careme, proper technique, recipes & equipment, plenty.

Would you believe I'm reading Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code? I waited till it came out in paperback because that huge hardcover edition is very difficult to read in bed. I'm half way thru this book and it's a great read.

I am reading Dreamweaver MX 2004 The Missing Manual and The Elusive Truffle by Mirabel Osler. I've just finished Garlic and Sapphires by Ruth Reichl.

Danielle Steel's THE KISS
Danielle Steel's IMPOSSIBLE
THE DA VINCI CODE (re-reading before the movie comes out)
and
THE MAGIC OF OZ ( I'm slowly re-reading the whole series)

I have the new James Patterson book beside my bed too... I'm forcing myself to read all these others plus a few library books first.

Okay, be warned I'm a book-a-holic now I'm on the Wild Baron by Catherine Coulter... I read pretty much everything, from Stephen King to Julie Garwood, to J K Rowling... if it catches my eye, it catches my brain lol.

By the way before I forget, has anyone ever read Cooking for Dummies, sounds basic but it comes in handy... another one I like is Cooking for College Kids (dating back to my own college days)... a little off topic but just thought I'd mention it...

2 weeks ago I finished the last book in Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles and now I am on the 2nd book in the Narnia Chronicles and it's every bit as good as I remember it being!

The Return of the Wolf by Steve Grooms.
An excellent book on the history, howling, breeding, and hunting strategies of wolves as well as the misunderstanding of the wolf.

Trip-
I haven't looked at "Cooking for Dummies", that I can remember anyways, but I did pick up "Christmas Cooking for Dummies"... I'm always looking for easy holiday recipes....

corazon90-
will be picking up "The Time Traveler's Wife" this week at the library. I'll let you know how I like it.

also been reading the tea shop series by Linda Childs, "The Witness" by Dee Henderson, the garden series by Anthony Eglin.
been depressed lately, so I've been reading a lot!! :cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom