Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mayo Clinic guide to a healthy pregnancy,thats waht i'm readin these days :)

PA Baker said:
Sarah, the What to Expect When Your Expecting series is great, too.

We had about 6 or 7 copies of that. Everyone kept giving it to us as soon as they found out my wife was pregnant.

"what to expect when you're expecting" is a good reference for all of the things that can go wrong with your pregnancy sarah, but be careful. it may scare you a bit and make you call your doctor for every twinge and gas pain.

Yeah, my wife did not like reading it at all. Her nurse actually told her to not read it because it will drive you crazy think that all these things will happen to your baby.

I'm getting ready to start Jewel by Bret Lott. I also got Grandma Rose's Book of Sinfully Delicious Snacks, Nibbles, Noshes, & Other Delights by Rose Naftalin whil I was at the library today.

I will...just from reading the front flap it sounds really good! I can't wait to get started on it, which is what I'm going to do in just a few minutes.

THINK think BE thin local gal from here wrote this book and has testimonies that say it can be done. Going to read and see what happens. My luck they are all sold at the bookstore but will get in next week. Strange, the gal who wrote it lived in my neighborhood and from knowing her I feel she isn't trying to mislead anyone. Just getting thin enough tobe healthy is my goal.

I jsut checked out Open House & Never Change(both by Elizabeth Berg)from the library today. I don't know which one I want to read first though!

Read both! Right away! :LOL: Obviously I'm no good on suggesting one--I love all of her stuff.

I just read What Looks Like Crazy on an Ordinary Day by Pearl Cleage. It was very good. I'm half way through Coming Back to Me by Caroline Leavitt which is excellent, too. It's always nice when you pick out all good books at the library. I always expect to have a few duds, but lately I've been lucking out.

I can't seem to find as much time as I would like to read lately, but I am reading S.e.x Begins in the Kitchen by Dr. Kevin Leman. We are watching one of Dr. Leman's video seminars about how men and women are different, in a marriage class at church. He is SO funny, and he really knows what he is talking about. Check him out--He also wrote Making Children Mind Without Losing Yours, The New Birth Order Book, and Sheet Music. I read the one about kids when I was raising my daughter.

:) Barbara

Just finished "Night Fall" by Nelson Demille - very interesting and will keep you up at night after you reach the halfway point. Next is "The Last Juror" - Gidgett hasn't given me a lot of time to read :)

PA, I decided to start with Open House...well, actually that's the one TC brought to me last night after supper. I've read about 1/4 of it & so far I really like it. Her writing style is a little diffrent from what I'm used to but it's a nice change.

I just finished reading ....The Calhouns by Nora Roberts. She's one of my favorites I get so engrossed in her books that I can read them within a few days :LOL:

crewsk said:
Her writing style is a little diffrent from what I'm used to but it's a nice change.

Yea, it is different. It's sort of simple and a lot like just having a conversation with someone.

Glad you enjoyed it so much! I haven't read one of her books yet that I haven't liked. They go fast, too, which is nice sometimes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom