Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thanks for the info on the book, pam.
don't think i'd like American psycho; that kind of book/movie just give me the creeps.
Happy 18th to your son!
i'd LOVE to go to Amsterdam to see the secret annex. i might ask for that for my 25th birthday or for next Christmas.
i haven't seen the new version of Anne Frank, but i'm well aware of the fact that she and her Mother shared some animosity. even in the version Otto Frank published that was evident.

What are you reading these days??

:) Like always I'm reading a # of books.

Maeve Benchy's QUENTINS
James Patterson's LIFEGUARD
Victoria Holt's THE INDIA FAN
Nuala O'Faolain's ARE YOU SOMEBODY?
and
THE TRUTH ABOUT CELIA BY Kevin Brockmeier:)

I hope you enjoy it GB. I was at the book store yesterday and the lady at the help
desk was telling me that they had to bring in extra help because that book was going to be released.

I've read part of the first book but, couldn't really get into it. I still have it around here somewhere. Maybe, I should try again?

yes give it another try. Make sure you at least get to the part in the book where they get to the school. Some people find the beginning of the book a bit boring and tedious to get through (I was not one of those people), but once they get to school it becomes a lot more enjoyable for some people. Since you love to read so much, I think you should try again some day. Not everyone likes these books of course, but I hope you try again and like it :)

I'll dig it up GB and try again. Finding it will be a little hard though. It's in one of those boxes upstairs that we didn't unpack when we moved a few years ago. lol... it's a good thing we have a big house...we have TOO much stuff.

LOL I know what you mean. I have boxes of stuff from 2 moves ago that have never been unpacked. Just moved from place to place :wacko:

I should just go dump the boxes with out even looking in them. But, I'm pretty sure I'll need all that stuff again some day. lolol!

pdswife said:
I should just go dump the boxes with out even looking in them. But, I'm pretty sure I'll need all that stuff again some day. lolol!

:LOL: I must have at least a hundred books that I will never even pick up again but I just can't part with them just in case.

Bangbang said:
:LOL: I must have at least a hundred books that I will never even pick up again but I just can't part with them just in case.

Us too Bang.
I do re-read books though.
So ya never know. I might just read the
ones in the boxes again.

I bring a bunch to Greece everytime we go and one of the nicest parts of the trip is walking in to the house and seeing all the books I left behind last time. :)

I usually read several books at the same time. This really frustates my mom. She just does not see how I keep track of them all. I just finished reading:

Skywatch West - The Complete Weather Guide by Richard A. Keen.

This is what I am currently reading:

The Field Guide to Geology by David Lambert
Wildflowers of the Eastern Sierra by Laird R. Blackwell
Plants of the Tahoe Basin by Michael Graff
World Without End by Sean Russell (Science Fiction)
The Calhouns - Suzanna and Megan by Nora Roberts (My light reading)

We have had an extraordinary wildflower summer. That is why I am reading the two plant books.

i'm re-reading 'the devil wears prada.' i LOVE that book. i need to get to the bookstore and library very soon, as i am out of books and need some new ones. i'm not used to only reading one book at a time. i'm so picky about what i'll read, though. i think i'm going to get some books about history. i cannot read enough about history, namely the Depression era, WWII and the victorian era.

a copy of the new harry potter book that wasabi and corazon just threw at me... :) (only teasing)

i'm reading "what to expect, the first year".

great book, bucky. Boy do you learn a lot!
I'm in the middle of reading 3 different cookbooks that I got at the library.

yeah, like "duck!"...

oh wait, you meant the "what to expect" books. yes they are full of useful info, and don't hurt as much...

I don't know about that.....nothing like "learning" what your little ones do when you're in public....
I'm still waiting for a story about how Louie and Beethoven teach your boy enough words so when he goes to the mommy and me class, he says something sweet like: "Mama! I do that $@^+#&* too!"

lol jkath. i am wondering how i'm gonna talk my way out of those situations. on one hand, i can't wait. it'll probably be funny, but i hope it doesn't begin in church, during the silence of communion prayers. "geez mom, this stuff tastes like #$%^@".

i can see dw's laser-like glare already...

I bought these from Costco today-

Black Rose by Nora Roberts
Picture Perfect by Fern Michaels
Nights of Rain and Stars by Maeve Binchy
Ten Big Ones by Janet Evanovich

Tomorrow morning, I pick up the new Harry Potter book, so my Costco books will be put on the back shelf.

Back
Top Bottom