Just wondering ... what is everyone reading now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just finished Wolfhall. So many characters and so many details I got confused, but great piece of writing. So I'm reading it again from the start!

Oddly enough, yes. How I never read it before I don't know. I have always enjoyed King, except for a couple books (Tommyknockers comes to mind).

I especially like old King and I think this is the last of the old stuff I haven't read.

I especially like old King and I think this is the last of the old stuff I haven't read.

IMHO, he topped himself when he wrote, "The Stand." I love his early books, not so fond of recent offerings.

Dean Koontz is still writing some fantastic story, but again not as "meaty" as his earlier stories. But, he involves fantastic animals into his stories that make you want to meet them.

I've decided to put "Under The Dome" away for a bit and have some adventures with Clive Cussler and his assorted band of pirates.:)

Oddly enough, yes. How I never read it before I don't know. I have always enjoyed King, except for a couple books (Tommyknockers comes to mind).

After I finished Under The Dome I wanted to read another King book. I randomly bought tommyknockers, but was not able to get past the first page or two.

GB, I had to laugh at your wife having to finish any book she started. I used to be like that in my younger days. Mostly it was financial; if I bought the book, I'd finish it come ..... or high water. But there are so many good-to-great books out there, a few years ago I came to the conclusion that wasting my time on a book I've read half and still don't like it ... so many books, so little time. Right now I'm reading This body of Death by Elizabeth George for my own entertainment, and reading Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men to my handicapped friends. Now most of my reading comes from the library. I read 2-5 books a week (that 3 a.m. thing) and life is too short to read bad books.

Maximumride books by James Patterson. My daughter and I share and discuss them. Brilliant reads. :)

I loved Tommynockers. I have enjoyed all the King books. I like his attention to detail. I re-read The Stand about once every 2 years. Speaking of re-reads, I am re-reading Stranger in a Strange Land.

I'll be leaving in several hours to fly back home to see my family. My friend Susan bought me a great book to read on the plane, "Fascinating Facts of the Faith: Your Inspirational and Entertaining Guide to the Who, What, When, and Where of Christianity." It is a compilation, by several authors. I couldn't resist reading some of it already, and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

:)Barbara

I am reading Treason. It is not that great of a book, but is just interesting enough to keep me reading.

I'm just starting the Tess Gerritsen, Rizzoli and Isles books. Finished, "Starvation Heights," by Gregg Larsen, this morning.

Back
Top Bottom