Just wow... (Bears thread)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

college_cook

Head Chef
Anyone else starting to feel like Destiny has grand plans for the Bears this season? If you saw the Bears vs. Cards game on Monday night football, then you know they didn't deserve that win. For those that missed the game:

The Bears trailed 20-0 at halftime, because they had 6 turnovers! Rex had 4 interceptions I think, and 2 fumbles.

During the 2nd half, the Bears outscored the Cards 24-3 ! But that's not even the amazing part. They did it by scoring only defensive touchdowns, and an 83-yard punt return for a touchdown! In the final minute, the Cards had an opportunity to win by kicking a 40-yard field goal. The kicker missed!

It feels like magic, alot like 1985.

I had the bears in my office suicide pool this week; I have a personal rule in that I don't pick "AWAY" teams in this pool, but I was so confident that I made the exception;
I went to bed in disgust in the third period after the umpteenth turnover;

imagine my surprise!!!!
I'M ALIVE!!! I'M ALIVE!!

The Bears are a very good team! However, they cannot expect to keep winning if they cannot protect the ball.

They are helped a great deal by a very easy schedule. See you on November 26th.

I believe the Bears were exposed last night. The Cardinals moved the ball well on offense before changing their game plan and their defense simply dominated the Bears offense. Even late in the game with everything on the line, the Bears were not able to stop the Cardinals.

I've never felt the Bears had a particularly strong offense. I don't believe they ever will either. I think something about the Bears' legacy makes coaches want to focus on that killer defense. A great defense is something the Bears have always relied on, and it showed last night. The defense wasn't up to par in the 1st half, and the Cards rolled right over them. In the second half though, the Bears did demonstrate why they are a defense worthy of being relied on so heavily. They just have this magic about them, where they can make things happen against all odds.

As for the Bears offense... well I think it was pretty much all Rex's fault. He's still young, so he'll still make some stupid mistakes here and there, but more than that he needs to be able to regain composure, and get his game in line when things are looking down. Even after halftime yesterday, he wasn't able to set himself straight.

My husband went to bed early last night, he was sure the Bears would lose.
You should have seen the look on his face when I told him this morning that they won. He was in shock. He didn't believe me until he read it in the paper.:ohmy:

IMO, coach green formulated the perfect game against the bears-using their strengths (aggressive, fast defense) against them because of the card's weakness (offensive line).

to contain a defense like the bears, you need a quick-hitting, short passing game and BIG receivers that can take a hit and make yards after the catch. the cards worked this plan to perfection last night during the 1st half. they have NO running game, so to keep lienhart from getting blitzed to death, the short drop/passing game was perfect.

but the LACK of a running game killed them in the 2nd half... they couldn't run the clock out. Edge was being "mirrored" by urlacher and urlacher was "putting the wood" to him EVERY time he touched the ball... OUCH! he was clearly shook at the end of the game.

with all of that said, all the kicker had to do was make a 40-yard field goal-that's it. but instead...

yeah yeah yeah, cards coulda won. Woulda, coulda.....

But they DIDN'T! HA!

6 'n' O, BABY!

Go Bears!!!

(I'm particularly proud, as this is my chosen team, and I watch each week with dh, who bleeds black and silver)

Well, Im from Chicago and today some people were VERY dissapointed with their playing. Some folks said that the Bears didnt win, but the opposite team lost.
Personally, Im not into sports. Im into politics. But Im hoping the Bears win the World Series! (i know, i know.... its a joke :rolleyes: )

For the record (sad as it may be), the 6 turnovers weren't all in the first half. I believe 2 were in the second half. Not that it matters. It was a disastrous game, and they didn't deserve to win it (editing to say that there were some great plays, however, at the end). Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that they DID win, but when you win like that, it doesn't make me feel very confident. Hopefully, it was just a bad night for Grossman. He is young and not as strong as some would like to give him credit for being.

How about that Cardinal's coach though! What a meltdown! LOL!

BC

Back
Top Bottom