Kenya

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome back Jikoni!! You have been missed but I am glad to know that you enjoyed a brilliant holiday!! But they never last long enough, do they dang it!!
Yeah, I am jumping on Jkath's bandwagon, I would love to see some pics!!:)

Welcome back! I echo everyone else; hope you have lots of pictures to share and we are looking forward to recipes!

My ex was offered a chance to move our family to Kenya many years ago - I often regret that he turned it down - I think it would have been great for the kids and I, but I was pregnant and he didn't want to drag me away from "home". One of the few regrets I have.:)

Thanks for sharing your photos Jikoni! Looked like a lot of fun! You have a great-looking family. First time I've seen polka-dotted crabs. Poor sharky, I'm glad you didn't buy it so hopefully the fishermen won't try to catch those next time. We have tuk-tuks here too and they look very similar!

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures. You and your family are so beautiful - and so is the scenery!!!!! Now I really wish we'd gone when we had the chance!!! I'm also getting ready to print out all the wonderful recipes you've shared - they sound so amazing!!!1

Thanks again for sharing.

That looks like such a wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Your family is beautiful and it looks like you all had an amazing time.

Nice to have you "home", Jikoni. Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. My favorite photo is the one of all the little soccer stars.

Hi Jikoni, lovely pictures and an equally lovely family. Africa is such a beautiful country and you are blessed to have family and friends that you can go visit. It looks like your kids had a fun time and it's so great to have children who are well traveled and appreciate all types of food (like I see your kids eating and enjoying a whole fish :))

Thanks everyone for your lovelyy comments.
Chopstix, do you alsoo call them 'tuk tuk'?
Anau, I have no idea what they are called and if at all they have a special name, but now I am curious and will find out.
Yakuta, Actually what happened was, they ordered fish and chips, then they did get a whole fish each and chips! We were amused and I wondered what they would make of it especially going by their sizes. We usually eat whole trout here anyway. they just started tucking into their meal and said it was the best fish ever. Now back in Geneva, I will have to go looking for whole Tilapia. I am looking forward to preparing it actually.:)

Mudbug, we reached my mum's homestead and there was no football! My son loves football, so we had to find one. My brother helped make one like we used to make as kids. A lot of plastic bags together and a rope around it. the neighbours kids came by to play, it was great. Hey at least when one of them makes it as a star, you can say you saw that photo first!:)

Going to Kenya the 1st June for two weeks. Will update you on where to eat the best goat roast( A Kenyan speciality) and other lovely stuff.

Where in the world have I been? I have no idea how I've missed this thread.

Wow, what a wonderful vacation you had and the pics are super. You have a lovely family Jikoni.

Now you are heading out again! Have a great and safe trip. :cool:

Hi guys, I am back! I hope you remember me:) I had a very relaxing time, no computer, very little contact with the outside world except when I chose to talk to my family here in Switzerland once a day. Noone else knew my new Kenyan number. It was great.I had a great time with my mum, sister's brother's uncle's, aunty's, cousin's nieces, nephews and other long distant relations. Was great. Will post recipes of a few things I ate. Didn't cook for the whole time. I have concluded my family love to cook and it wasn't worth fighting for the kitchen to cook. I enjoyed every single meal. My mum found a new way of cooking a type of 'ugali'( Check out 'ugali' in 'African recipes' if you don't remember what 'ugali' is) from Uganda while she was visiting. It was so yummy.

Welcome back. Sounds like you hada great time.

Looking forward to the food stories and recipes.

Back
Top Bottom