Kirkwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
I am sure you have all heard the story of the boy who was kidnapped and then found in some perverts apartment here in Kirkwood, Missouri. He had been missing for more than 4 years. Then shortly before that time a well known police officer was shot to death. Last night, a guy walked into a town meeting and shot 7 people and killed 6 of them. Prior to this he walked up to a policemen and shot him point blank. How devastated the families must be. What next? Everyday we know there is a war going on in Iraq but what about around here locally? Just seems so strange this is all happening in the same area. This is so close to where I live. I am familiar with the neighborhood.

I am asking for prayer for the families of the victims that were shot. To hear this shocking news was even reported on the BBC and CNN. Guess this can happen anywhere. Only people trying to improve their community and this happens. So very sad. As one resident commented, tonight was their ground zero. Their 911.

Family

Thank you Barbara L. If only a person can be thankful that their loved ones are safe and this could have happened to them. The whole city of St Louis seems to be involved in what happened. Everyone talking about it.

They interviewed the shooter's brother and mother. They both thought he was justified in what he did. The family said he was so harassed and tormented with the officials that he wanted an end to it. He even had moved to Florida to get away from them but returned for some kind of business deal. I just can't ever feel it is okay for someone to take innocent life. How his mother could feel that way. So many mothers do feel that when their kids do something that is against the law it is alright. I have always said when they grow up and go out in the world what they do out there is out of my control. If they break the law they will have to pay for it. I just wonder how the families feel about this woman saying it was okay.

I have situation I wish I could get away from but my there are more important things that I must do. Having cruel neighbors is something I hope one day will come to an end. Haven't got a gun yet!

I saw that on the news. Kirkwood is a suburb of St. Louis...pretty decent place, I think. We all know that kind of thing can happen anywhere, though.

There was an interview on the news tonight, with one of the councilmen who was at the meeting. The councilman said the shooter aimed directly at him, and he got ready to die. Then suddenly, the shooter turned and shot the man next to him.
I would say that would be a life-changing event, don't you think?

Thank goodness the maniac didn't have a bomb.

Thank you Barbara L. If only a person can be thankful that their loved ones are safe and this could have happened to them. The whole city of St Louis seems to be involved in what happened. Everyone talking about it.

They interviewed the shooter's brother and mother. They both thought he was justified in what he did. The family said he was so harassed and tormented with the officials that he wanted an end to it. He even had moved to Florida to get away from them but returned for some kind of business deal. I just can't ever feel it is okay for someone to take innocent life. How his mother could feel that way. So many mothers do feel that when their kids do something that is against the law it is alright. I have always said when they grow up and go out in the world what they do out there is out of my control. If they break the law they will have to pay for it. I just wonder how the families feel about this woman saying it was okay.

I have situation I wish I could get away from but my there are more important things that I must do. Having cruel neighbors is something I hope one day will come to an end. Haven't got a gun yet!

her remarks were stupid, his brother pretty much told how it was. no excuse for the shooter. i witnessed a shooting and murder , of my husband by my
ex husband. i am still affected. all the witness will too. i will hold good thoughts for all of them. wonder if he gave any signs that he would do something like this. in my case , it was just totally out of the blue.

babe:(:(:(

sorry

I am sorry I brought up a very bad memory for you babetoo. What a shock! It is something you will always remember. Things that give us most pain are just 'under the surface'. We try not to recall them as much as possible but how can it be helped. Something always reminds us of them. This is just life. please accept my sympathy and I thank you for sharing. My hope for you are always good days.

The shooting that happened stunned the whole city. Many have supported his actions. Personally, I can't. Life doesn't treat everyone the same and we have to accept disappointment no matter how it affect s us personally. I feel sorry for this man who did the shooting but much more for the innocent ones that lost their life.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Going past this location will never be the same. It had always looked so pleasant and friendly. Now that thought is clouded with such sadness. I am going to try to avoid it for as long as I can.

Thanks for your time and your compassion.

Back
Top Bottom