Kitchen nightmares

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
did you see kitchen nightmares last night w/Chef Ramsay? Really great! Makes me want to clean my kitchen with hopes that he will help me improve it. People are so grateful when he helps them. I really think he is wanting people to be proud of doing their job. Gave me incentive. Didn't hear any bad words last night.

:) I also love that show. All he is doing is trying to drill some common sense into these people. As I have always said there are a lot of crappy cooks out there that really believe they are brilliant chefs.

Alot of the first season American episodes took place near me.

I like the BBC verison alot better. never any cursing and there is no drama that is built up liek it is in the american verision

You can catch it on BBC America.

i still watch both.

I'm reviving this thread because I am watching the show right now for the first time (I recorded it this week). Did anyone see this week's show? How on earth did that restaurant even make it past health inspectors? :sick:

:ohmy:Barbara

I know, Barbara. Oh, it was so gross. I guess the inspectors didn't eat there. But Ramsey did, and I don't know how he kept it together after seeing the pesto, and the crabcakes and lobster ravioli. Too much for my stomach. I must have had the most screwed up face during the whole show, waiting for the next nightmare. I'm so glad the son grew a few and fired the Ha, "chef"! But I really didn't like how mom treated him. She had been involved since long before her husband died and son took over, and let it fall apart. She probably even ate the food. Yet she kept berating him, without taking any responsibility, with her arms folded across her chest the whole time.
I love the show except for the fact it has made me leary to wherever I eat now.
It's a tough industry and I don't know if even it was handed to me I could make a go of it. I think the waitress who lasted what, some 38 years needs to retire too. Loyalty is one thing, but I don't think it was that. I just think she found a comfortable home.
I think Ramsey, despite all the 'beeps', was alot lower key than I've seen him on some of the earlier shows.

I agree!

I have a feeling his mom shared at least equal responsibility for his lack of backbone. The dad was just easy to target since he is no longer alive.

He sold the restaurant after they filmed it. I wonder if that was his plan all along? Let someone else straighten out the problems, then get out. hmmmm

:)Barbara

Oh, I forgot about the sale. I bet that pi**ed off Ramsey, when he heard that. Maybe the son grew a bigger backbone and knew the business and being around mom wasn't good for him. One wonders...... Nice location though. Hopefully it lasts another 110 years.

Yeah, with the right people running it and the right chefs and servers, it looks like a great place to eat!

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom