Kitchen size - I bet you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the idea of SS work surfaces for the easy to maintain aspect. But when I was a heavy equipment mechanic, I had a few SS workbenches. In the summer it was like working on a griddle and the reflection of the sun was blinding - lol. I'd break a sweat just walking by them.

It's a pain in the neck sometimes with the wood surface I have. Anytime I want to work with any meat I have to drag out a cutting board and then theres another thing that needs to be washed. If/when we move, I'd like either a portable SS workstation that I could use outdoors with the BBQ or in the house, obviously. OR a dedicated 'butcher station'. The portable tables are frickin' expensive though.

My island only sees dough, fruits and veggies. Things of that nature.
You're right, those work tables are expensive. And we have to remember that when we set a hot pan on it, the whole table top gets hot. But I love the big casters - I can just roll it around wherever I want. In fact, every cabinet in my kitchen is free-standing so I can just carry them out or re-arrange them. The sink cabinet is too, but I'd have to disconnect the plumbing to move it. I love the idea of a butcher's station. I've added that to my dream kitchen wish list now.

Oh yeah, PDS! If I had a breakfast nook like yours, I'd never get anything done! I can see myself sitting there all day at that gorgeous table, drinking coffee and gazing out all those windows. It must be heavenly!

Fisher's Mom - I feel the same way! I love hearing about the new creations you are all making and to be able to see your kitchens (and glimpses of your families) is great fun. Even though they are all so different, it is clear that all of them are serious kitchens for real cooks (and most are also neater than mine- oh well....)
:LOL::LOL: MK my kitchen is rarely that neat for pics I just moved some junk from counter to table and vice-versa. I always tell people my house is messy because there are people who actually live in it.:);)

Bleh bleh bleh!!

We don't have any hot water in the building today :( I really want a shower! We have a dinner date together tonight.

:LOL::LOL: MK my kitchen is rarely that neat for pics I just moved some junk from counter to table and vice-versa. I always tell people my house is messy because there are people who actually live in it.:);)

Ditto!
I didn't post mine til today, because until this morning it had it's usual "lived-in" look! :chef::LOL:

I am so impressed with your perseverance, Lfselover - I could probably never do that. As a matter of fact, I just skipped the whole issue of cabinet doors and have open shelves in my kitchen, like a real Mexican kitchen. Problem here is, unless you use parota wood or some other bug-resistant material (very expensive), the termites will just eat it up! Your butter dishes are awesome, by the way!

yep, LEFSE, i feel ya on that. every house i've ever lived in has had those same crappy cheap "oak" veneer cabinets of which you speak...except for the last 2, which had plain painted plywood cabinet faces. sigh. i went all crazy on those plywood ones in my house in college by repainting them actual white (instead of the vague dingy off-white they were), and then using a stamp set in, yes, 6ish colors. the stamps had 4 or 5 different size/shape grape leaves and one little round circle. i think it was supposed to be ivy with berries, but it turned into a grape arbor in my hands. leaves were all shaded different greens, the dots got stamped into grape clusters in shades of purple and wine, and a thin vine was free-handed to connect them up. all of the corners of the cabinets had some random and irregular amount of grape vine growing over them. loved it, wish i had a pic. it was an inexpensive and attractive fix for those monstrosities, but was a lot of work.

i have it easy in this house; very nice **brand new** cabinets had been installed by the previous owner, who was basically flipping the house. they're even the color i would have picked on my own.

Karen, you could have a cottage industry in shipping us some of those amazing tiles!!

and ditto, all, i LOVE this thread!

I need a nice exhaust hood.
Then I wouldn't have to keep my smoke alarm disabled.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom