Kitchen size - I bet you...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saphellae

Head Chef
...that NONE of you have a kitchen this tiny. Post your pictures of your kitchen, however ashamed or proud you are!

My kitchen is a box. I just moved in here a few months ago with my S.O. and he already had this apartment. Needless to say that the kitchen in our next one is going to be alot bigger (he has to make it up to me for making me cook in that!)

I have one workspot, which is crammed between the wall and the fridge. The other spot is just big enough to put the utensils I'm using to cook, and the ingredients I put into the pots. And the dishes go there too.

He can NEVER help me in the kitchen because if we're two people it's just too many.
It's not that I don't trust his culinary skills, oh no... :ROFLMAO:

Oh yeah, and its an ugly kitchen too.

img_596248_0_7d5503bda2429c467fbbc609d9217f4c.jpg

I'd rather have wooden shelves!! Those kitchen cabinets smell like the cheap paint, and the glasses and dishes always have paint on the rims and the bottoms of them from sitting in the cupboards. Lining them has helped, but not with the smell.

Everytime I wash them and the walls, the sponge is white with paint. It's nasty!

Our stuff is so crammed in there that we can't fit anything else lol. He refuses to get rid of his old glasses, when MINE are newer and nicer.. LOL

Our stuff is so crammed in there that we can't fit anything else lol. He refuses to get rid of his old glasses, when MINE are newer and nicer.. LOL

There's another way. You can hang the charcoal in plastic net bags from the underneath side of the shelf above. Just put the charcoal in one of those little mesh bags that onions come in. Screw a cup hook on the underside of the shelf above and hang the bag. That is, on the shelves where there's room below.

I am scared of your kitchen! I wouldn't cook then, I would be so frustrated. :(
At least you will get a bigger kitchen soon.

Is that a gas stove I spy? Would kill for that! Charcoal will help, so will baking soda. Looks clean and I like a white fridge.
Small space, less to clean. The more you have the more you have to maintain. Good Luck.

Hey, my sweet angel, at least you have drawers and cabinets. I would kill for those. We lovingly refer to our kitchen as "one step above a campfire.":ohmy:

LOL! I will keep that in mind. My kitchen is hopfully going to be demoed this summer but the renovations are lagging. One wall is open to the structure. I have a bit of counter on either side of the sink which is occupied mainly by a dishrack and a coffee pot. The foundation has failed so it slants considerably to one side... I had to shim the fridge to keep the door from swinging open all the time. A ladder hung on one wall serves as adduitional shelving. A step stool is the only piece of furniture. My pots are hung on nails above the stove.... all this is annoying but I make do the worst part is that the only window is 6' off the ground and only about 12" wide by 2' high so I cant see into my patio that makes me crazy I cant wait to rip it out and put in a big window. It is small 10'x10' but when done will be open to the dining room and visually connect to outside I cant wait but I have to finish up the rest of the house first.

I have lived in a whle bunch of places and had a bog range of kitchens the one I have now is the worst but at least it is mine so I can make it into something cool eventually

The kitchen pictured is tiny true but you can still cook great stuff I have had smaller my first ny apartment had a ministove a sink and a fridge recessed into the wall with no counter space at all!... its the lack of storage that get you... I really want to get my griswolds out of storage but I just have no room

Last edited:
When I was 9 we lived in an adorable but tiny house in Independence, Missouri. It had a small living room, small bathroom, small dining room, and a tiny kitchen. It also had attic space and a small basement (not usable as a room). I'm sure you have noticed by now that I did not mention bedrooms. There were none. My sister and I slept on mattresses in the attic, and my mom and dad slept on a hide-a-bed in the living room. Anyway, the kitchen was so tiny that you could stand in the dining room and reach almost everything! I loved that house, but I was only 9!

:)Barbara

When I was 9 we lived in an adorable but tiny house in Independence, Missouri. It had a small living room, small bathroom, small dining room, and a tiny kitchen. It also had attic space and a small basement (not usable as a room). I'm sure you have noticed by now that I did not mention bedrooms. There were none. My sister and I slept on mattresses in the attic, and my mom and dad slept on a hide-a-bed in the living room. Anyway, the kitchen was so tiny that you could stand in the dining room and reach almost everything! I loved that house, but I was only 9!

Well, of course, Barbara. The house was just your size. I love your story, though. Definitely remembered through a child's mind. Oh, that we all could remember many things this way.

:) It's called an efficiency kitchen. Not much fun for one who likes to cook but yet it's workable. My kitchen/ dining room is pretty big but not nearly enough cabinets and the way it's layed out there is nothing I can really do about it. I do have a pot rack but alas still not as much storage as I would really like. The good thing about your kitchen is it forces you to clean as you go.

:) When I was a kid in Germany all we had was two bedrooms,a kitchen and a bathroom we did have a huge barn like building next to it and a cellar to store a truck load of potaoes and for laundry done by hand. In the kitchen there was a couch on one wall and the table, a tiny fridge in the corner, sink, stove and heating stove which was the only heat and that's where everybody hung out my uncle slept on the couch in the kitchen.The other rooms had no heat but the bedrooms had big fluffy down conforters. My Oma would take a hot water bottle to warm the bed for me I slept between my grand ma and grand pa. My life was perfect to me as it was all I knew.

LOL! I will keep that in mind. My kitchen is hopfully going to be demoed this summer but the renovations are lagging. One wall is open to the structure. I have a bit of counter on either side of the sink which is occupied mainly by a dishrack and a coffee pot. The foundation has failed so it slants considerably to one side... I had to shim the fridge to keep the door from swinging open all the time. A ladder hung on one wall serves as adduitional shelving. A step stool is the only piece of furniture. My pots are hung on nails above the stove.... all this is annoying but I make do the worst part is that the only window is 6' off the ground and only about 12" wide by 2' high so I cant see into my patio that makes me crazy I cant wait to rip it out and put in a big window. It is small 10'x10' but when done will be open to the dining room and visually connect to outside I cant wait but I have to finish up the rest of the house first.

I have lived in a whle bunch of places and had a bog range of kitchens the one I have now is the worst but at least it is mine so I can make it into something cool eventually

The kitchen pictured is tiny true but you can still cook great stuff I have had smaller my first ny apartment had a ministove a sink and a fridge recessed into the wall with no counter space at all!... its the lack of storage that get you... I really want to get my griswolds out of storage but I just have no room

OMG I am not Alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I thought I was the only one with a kitchen that desperately needed knocking down!! DW would kill me if she knew I was posting these pics cause she is way behind on dishes.. so NO ONE tell her:

Attachments

• Misc 005.jpg
    Misc 005.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 187
  • Misc 006.jpg
    Misc 006.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 180
  • Misc 007.jpg
    Misc 007.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 168
I thought I was the only one with a kitchen that desperately needed knocking down!! DW would kill me if she knew I was posting these pics cause she is way behind on dishes.. so NO ONE tell her:
:) Your DW is doing the best she can with the tiny kitchen it is really hard to not be cluttered when you just have no place to put anything. Some day I may decide to live full time in an RV if so I will hafto get used to a small kitchen but I know by that time I wont be trying to cook copious amounts of food anyway. Not only that but I will also need to give up my many so called worldly possessions:LOL::LOL: Ah the simple life sounds so good.But???

I really like your fridge. We have a dinky one.

When I was first married, I lived in a couple of apartments with very tiny kitchens. One opened into the living room, which wasn't too bad, but the other one was similar to yours except one end was all open shelves.
I think the worst thing for me was not having a window.

An apartment I lived in had an awful kitchen. The counter/cabinet was one of those one piece metal jobs. 2 drawers and 2 cabinets with chemical storage under the leaky sink. My counter space was the size of two placemats on either side of the double sink. I had a Magic Chef gas stove with no hood. There were two windows but only one opened, and the other faced west, so in the summer it was like a saunna in there. I used a drop leaf table to put the microwave and could fold out the flap when I needed to 'spread out' LOL

When I was first married, I lived in a couple of apartments with very tiny kitchens. One opened into the living room, which wasn't too bad, but the other one was similar to yours except one end was all open shelves.
I think the worst thing for me was not having a window.
I would hate that! The tiniest dwelling is made "larger" by having a window to look out of!

We renovated our kitchen last summer, and I just love it :)

new-paint-job.jpg

Saphellae, listen to all these stories. You're just starting out - we've all been there. My first apartment was half of the upstairs of a house. The kitchen was similar to yours. Each new place we lived got better and better, till we bought the house and went backward :LOL: The house had a kitchen from the '40s. We were able to bring it up to about the '80s, and then last summer, I got almost my dream kitchen. One day, you'll have yours, too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom