Knut the polar bear cub... isn't he the cutest thing... :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
awwww .... he's so adorable. I want one but don't think Trinket would take kindly to me bringing in another occupant :LOL: .

Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to take our annual trip to the Indianpolis Zoo.

Oh my goodness, what a little cutie! I am very jealous of Mr. Dorflein--what a cool job!

OMG Mish!! I am suffering some serious cute overdose!! Thanks so much for sharing that videoclip!!

Sizz me too... polar bear cub is one of those pets I so want if they STAY THAT WAY!!

I am glad you enjoyed him... one drawback of hardly ever watching any television is, sometimes I miss something like this!!

He is a doll-baby!

I haven't read the answer to this, so I'll ask here: Why does a mother bear reject her cubs? Why did Knut's mother reject him?

Lee

QSis said:
He is a doll-baby!

I haven't read the answer to this, so I'll ask here: Why does a mother bear reject her cubs? Why did Knut's mother reject him?

Lee

I heard in some cases animals who have grown up in zoo or being cared for by humans can lose some natural insticts, including maternal. I also have read and heard of these things happening to some other animals as well. But... to reject such an adorable thing like knut... she must have been out of her mind or blind!!

Also there are some arguments from animal rights activists that Knut shouldn't have been kept alive because this way he would not grow up to be a "real polar bear" and lose all natural instincts as a bear. But if he is perfectly happy in his surroundings, why not!!? And what about all those zoo grown pandas? IMO it is so much more inhumane and cruel to capture wild creatures who have been enjoying their free life and throwing them into cages for human entertainment.

I've been watching polar bear shows on Animal Planet and NGC and it seems male polar bears can weigh as much as 1500/1800 lbs and when standing be as tall as 15 feet. Guess my bathtub wouldn't last long as a nursery. I wonder what seal blubber's going for these days.....

Last edited:
Knut is a real nice polar bear.. but I must admit, it comes to times I can't hear anymore of him.. knut here, Knut there, Knut everywhere..
they change the TV Programm due to him and so I couldn't see my fave Tatort :D
but I enjoyed the Docu about him ;o)

Cara, if the German folks get tired of Knut, send him over here I will take care of him!!:)

:ohmy: but oh, I forgot he will grow bigger!! ummmm.... :wacko:

When he gets bigger I'll help ya Urmaniac. Even as adults I find them adorable and hugely entertaining. I can watch them for hours.

no way never we will sent him anywhere ;o)
He'll stay where he is and earn thousands of euros for the berlin zoo ;o)

sush, I think, your prob is, you are no nice, cute polar bear cub left alone by his Mum...... and no one considered killing you.... ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom