Krazy glue, craft sticks and duct tape...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VickiQ

Sous Chef
... I'm going to invest in these products and try to piece dh back together again. On June 3rd,Jimmy had hip surgery to repair cartlidge damage he had sustained back in December, though the procedure done will make him more comfortable for the time being - a hip replacement is inevitable.He went back to work on Monday.Last week he was having lower abdominal discomfort,went to see his gp and found out he has double hernias which require surgery- that is scheduled for June 22. He'll be home for another 3 weeks.He claims since he has lost 33 pounds he is falling apart!! He doesn't take in to account that in his physical line of work the body can only take so much wear an tear,so at 49 years old his joints are screaming for mercy!!! He may be falling apart but, I'll keep him!!!:rolleyes:
I didn't post of any of this before because in light of our losing Buck it seems so trivial. Love and energy, Vicki

LOL!!! To funny! Vicki... we are thinking about you and will lift you up in prayer!

Vicki,
my son had a double done and dh had a single..Both were fine andDH was up and doing the next day..just couldn't lift anything or so he was told..Both are fine now and the scar on dh is only about an inch long...He says he feels so much better and there now is no pain to deal with. Hugs to you and prayers for Jimmy.
kadesma:)

With all the love and energy you have sent out to all of us, I hope it comes back to you and Jimmy tenfold. I hope he feels better soon!

I think you have all the necessary things to keep him together - give him my best! Don't forget the fermented grape sedative :LOL:

I work for orthopaedic surgeons. That's a big surgery a hip replacement, but I've seen so many patients that have gone through it that are thankful there's something out there that can make their life so much more comfortable.

As far as the hernia repair, one of the surgeons had the procedure done a couple weeks ago on a Tuesday and was running clinic that Friday. His was inguinal.

inginual?????

what made it so different from everybody else's? :cool:

j/k

vicki, no one said it better than gb. much love and energy back atcha!

except i think you should get eleven times as much....

Yeh. What GB and b.t. said.
And trivial? No such thing when it comes to you or your loved one's health. Especially invasive surgery.

Prayers that all goes well and speedy.
Keep us posted, and we'll keep sending good karma.

Oh no, Vicki! Your poor hubby has really been through the wringer. (And you too since you are his other half.) First off, how does his hip feel now? Did the surgery give him any relief? I know it may be a little early to tell but I hope he's gotten at least some measure of relief from it by now. Ya'll must be stunned to have to go back to the OR so soon. Please tell Jimmy we are all really sorry and we'll be praying for him on the 22nd - and you too. I hope you are holding up under all of this. It's exhausting mentally and physically when your hubby is sick. Keep us posted on how he's doing.
Peace & Love,
Terry

Back
Top Bottom