Labor Day Reminder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
Don't forget, even though it's a special weekend, please try to refrain from driving, if possible. The American citizens have been asked to keep travel to a minimum, as we really need to conserve gas at this time.
Anyway, it's a good excuse to take us back to the "good 'ol days" when travel by car wasn't so common. Let's all spend the weekend enjoying our wonderful families instead of driving around!

I wish we could but,
we've got tickets to the Bull rides at the fair.
We'll be going there and then camping for the rest
of the weekend.

Good idea Jkath!!

We're home bodies anyway, so, it won't bother us a bit:LOL:
I'm afraid to go to the grocery store and see what the gas prices are up to now.
I'm glad that I don't drive a big rig, I was listening to a caller on my radio station yesterday, he had just paid $790 to fill up his truck:ohmy: :wacko: :sick:
I think I would take a vacation!!

michael me too. sad that nobody is like that around here *sigh*
maybe i'll try to bring it back around here sometime soon.

Tex, I"m with you - I'm a real homebody!!! So...my car will be parked till Tuesday. I've decided to walk wherever I need to go.

We are all staying put...The kids and some friends are gathering here to bbq, swim, yak and play cards...I for one plan to just be lazy:LOL:

kadesma
Happy Holiday everyone, be safe

middie said:

Midde, come up to Dearborn!! We'll hit Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford, a couple of brewpubs, fire up the smoker, and generally have a blast!

Oh, and we have block parties, too....

John

I think a lot of people must be cooking out...or heeding the presidents advise not to consume gas if we don't need to....our business was only half what it was last week.

middie said:

Michael I agree too, Theres a Block Party at Middies on Sept. 13th....................................................Yea Middie I am Bring the Board !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:LOL:

I purposefully moved to a town where I can get most places I need to go by shoe leather express. Even people who live here don't believe I only get in my truck once a week! Last night a gentleman insisted on driving me home! I walk it all the time, but hubby had gone home early and he didn't want me to walk home alone. What people dont' "get" is that I love the walk home. It's only a few blocks, and we live (believe it or not) in a crime-free town. I finally gave in and let him drive me home to keep the peace. But we only tank up every 6-8 weeks, so you know that a moratorium on driving doesn't apply to us ... we walk almost always.

I went grocery shopping yesterday ( the only place I've gone since I drove 250 miles last Thursday, September 1st).

Now I've got the pork ribs, hamburgers and hot dogs going on the grill out in the backyard. :chef: :) :cool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom