Lap band surgery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Anyone here, know someone that has had this surgery?
My soon to be nephew in law, is having this surgery on Monday. Our family reunion is next weekend, I know that the only thing that he will be able to eat are protein shakes. I want to know if there is anything that we can do for him to make it less stressful for him when we are all eating regular foods. I am going to feel guilty for eating in front of him:ermm:
This is something that he has been looking forward to as he weighs over 300 lbs, so, I know I shouldn't feel the guilt, but, I know that I will anyway.
Is there anywhere on the web that will show any side effects that we need to watch out for? I know that the doctor will go over things with him and my niece, but, I personally would like to know them too so that if anything should happen when my niece isn't there, then we know what to look out for.

Thanks Luvs!
I guess making him feel different would make him feel worse.

4.gif

Actually if it is anything like the gastric bypass that I had, he won't miss the food for a week at least. I know that the only thing I could eat after surgery was jello, broth and sugarfree popsicles and only an ounce at a time (I think it was one but could have been slightly more). BUT after a week of broth......I cheated and started drinking cup-o-soup because I wasn't satisfied with amount that I was getting. Only a couple of sips filled me up and I would have to force myself to eat a few more sips several hours later. It is difficult at first, but I honestly don't think he will be staring hungrily at what other people are eating.

Thanks Icy.
I guess I was just worried that going through this and having to watch all of us eat, might make it harder on him. I feel much better about it.

Another thing, this is the first time he will be meeting alot of the family and being around all of us for that long :eek:)
I guess we'll just have to keep him laughing.

texasgirl said:
Thanks Luvs!
I guess making him feel different would make him feel worse.

4.gif

anytime, tex. i hope you have a good time.:) can't not love a family reunion!:-p

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom