Last meal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Glorie

Senior Cook
While enjoying my most favorite meal tonight which was herbed fried chicken, mashed potatoes and country gravy, I began to wonder....

If you could chose your last meal, what would it be?

It would be hard to choose......

I guess Prime Rib, Yorkshire pudding, bake potato (with crispy skin!) with extra butter and sour cream (no need to count calories I guess!) something I call my German corn, and a super slice of moist chocolate cake with a glass of ice cold milk!

Can I add a side of fried chicken since I don't have to worry about fitting into my jeans the next day???

Hmmmm..that's a hard one. I would normally say Spaghetti with meatballs, caesar salad with homemade croutons, freshly grated parmesan cheese, cheesy garlic bread... ice water with lemon or iced tea (possibly an ice-cold draft beer--George killians Irish Red, lemon sorbet for dessert.... coffee or hot tea.

BUT, I'm finding that beef isn't setting well in my tommy as of late. So, I would have to say vegie lasagna (with lots of spinach) or a cheesy vegie pizza (mushrooms, green pepper, onion, tomato, broccoli and plenty of mozz cheese!), caesar salad, cheesy garlic bread, draft beer, vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup for dessert.

Can anyone tell that I love cheese?

Surf and Turf to the extreme! Whole steamed lobster (preferably a female), with a perfectly grilled medium NY Strip. Loaded baked potato, and maybe some steamed broccoli. Plenty of cold beer to drink. And some of that super-moist, super-rich carrot cake that we made at work last month, or a nice Italian Creme Cake.

starters of fried calamari, Manhattan clam chowder, Caesar salad (with the anchovies), leg of lamb au jus with pan roasted root veg and potatoes, and a finishing cheese course with Stilton, mushroom brie, and parmesan w/ balsamic vin.

I would choose Malbec and Carmenere wines.

but that is tonight's concept, who knows what I might feel like tomorrow??

lol... we'll I'd have to be on a Greek island to get mine. I have a favorite road side stand that sells the best GYROs! I'd have two of them...a plate of Mousaka... and then after a quick flight to Italy a large bowl of vanilla ice cream and then HOME to a bowl of warm chocolate pudding!

Surf and Turf to the extreme! Whole steamed lobster (preferably a female), with a perfectly grilled medium NY Strip. Loaded baked potato, and maybe some steamed broccoli. Plenty of cold beer to drink. And some of that super-moist, super-rich carrot cake that we made at work last month, or a nice Italian Creme Cake.

Be still my heart! This is it! But substitute asparagus for the broccoli, and iced tea for the beer.

Like Allen I would have surf and turf to the extreme. A nice assortment of seafood including but not limited to sushi, lobster, crab legs, mussels, clams, oysters, crawfish, calamari, and fried blue crab. For the turf part maybe a New York Strip, or Ribeye or nice big porterhouse.. or maybe all 3!
For dessert, an assortment of cheesecakes of different flavors and some gourmet ice cream to match.

i would like to be sitting in the middle of a long table, with 11 of my friends on both sides of me, and my wife to my right.

we would have some wine first, during pictures, then maybe some bread, bresaola, prosciutto, fresh veggies, and cheese.

:cool:

I don't know but I would want it to be one of those Henry the VIII kind of meals that went on forever. lol

Scallops wrapped in bacon, prime rib, shrimp, haddock, guinness and irish whiskey. (edit) add Icecream (just because)

i would like to be sitting in the middle of a long table, with 11 of my friends on both sides of me, and my wife to my right.

we would have some wine first, during pictures, then maybe some bread, bresaola, prosciutto, fresh veggies, and cheese.

:cool:

BT, "with 11 of my friends", would one of them perhaps be a PAINTER?????
LOL!

buckytom, i like yours. it sounds wonderful.

I'd like to enjoy a plate of fresh lobster tail and a decked out all fresh vegetable salad and a glass of champaign.

Like Allen I would have surf and turf to the extreme. A nice assortment of seafood including but not limited to sushi, lobster, crab legs, mussels, clams, oysters, crawfish, calamari, and fried blue crab. For the turf part maybe a New York Strip, or Ribeye or nice big porterhouse.. or maybe all 3!
For dessert, an assortment of cheesecakes of different flavors and some gourmet ice cream to match.

Ok, I may have to change mine to a thick, juicy porterhouse. But, I wouldn't be able to eat for a couple of days before that feast.

You think the warden might let me use the bathroom as a vomitorium?

There are sooooo many things I could think of or would want to have before I expire, but I would have to say I would be with Allen on this one. And I want a black truffle with it all to use at my descretion. Some very fine champange, and for dessert... the biggest creme brulee you could think of.... one I could swim in with plenty of fresh berries and a crisp chocolate shard.

Last meal... interesting question..

Not the feast many would pick..

Start with, a wedge of crisp lettuce served with simple sweetened mayonaise, salt and pepper.

Followed by Pan fried cubed steak, Mashed potatoes, gravy. Corn on the cob, well seasoned green beans and vinegar slaw.

Desert would be a HUGE helping of Chocolate fudge pudding cake, warm, served with vanilla ice cream.

Sometimes, down home cooking just can't be beat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom