Last Nite Dateline

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
Anyone see Dateline last nite? Had a segment on there about Supermarket Sweepstakes. Why that name, go figure. Talked about what else shoppers get when they take home their groceries. Showed dead bugs, mice feces, dated products marked beyond due date, food not kept properly cooled. Mentioned some of the markets, mine wasn't one of them as he is local grocer. They did mention Wal Mart, Sam's Costco, Safeway was the worst.

Hope you all got to see it. I sure would have missed if I was fixing the supper.

My son who works at safeway found a black widow on a banana crate. He took it home and kept it for over a year. I think he fed it crickets.. He said they find them quite often though they are mostly dead. I guess that's what happens when you ship food from other parts of the world.

My neighbor's son saw a rat scurry through on of our grocery stores in town. Needless to say, I don't shop there, and luckily never have. Costco really? Seems like a pretty clean place to me compared with the others you mentioned.

We live about 45 mins from town but the closest store is about 10 mins away. That place is like shopping at the Kwik-E Mart (from the Simpsons) everything in there is expired. I'd rather drive the extra time all the way into town.

Forgot

I failed to mention one store had birds flying overhead. Said they never bothered anyone except the deli was worried something would fall on the samples. I just wonder how they would g et them out of there. Seems like a pretty good place for them to be t aken care of.

Safeway got the number 1 spot.

Costco and sams club tied.

If you want to see the segment you can watch the whole thing at msnbc.com, That is how I saw it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom