Last thing that made you cry ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow. I love reading about the love you all have for your mothers.
Prayer's are being sent to those who need them most.

I cried the other day when I heard that a baluga whale died.

You all make me feel ashamed of myself. Alzeimers is such a terrible thing to deal with. I hope you continue to be able to deal with it, but if it gets where you can't, the most debilitating thing for the care-giver can be paralyzing guilt. Don't fall prey to it, everyone has a different level of what they can do, and each Alzeimers victim is different as well. Some get violent, and then you have to have professional help no matter what.

My crying was mostly hormonal. Yes, the Big M. My husband had a severe allergic reaction and it was touch and go. As is usual for me, I handled all of it very well. Then a week or two later I completely broke down and bawled my eyes out ... not worried about him (by then he was healthy as can be), but when I started paying bills and wondering what is going to happen when the ambulance/emergency room bills come in! Of course I was crying for EVERYTHING that went wrong in the past 6 months (not much, really).

Claire said:
You all make me feel ashamed of myself. Alzeimers is such a terrible thing to deal with. I hope you continue to be able to deal with it, but if it gets where you can't, the most debilitating thing for the care-giver can be paralyzing guilt. Don't fall prey to it, everyone has a different level of what they can do, and each Alzeimers victim is different as well. Some get violent, and then you have to have professional help no matter what.

My crying was mostly hormonal. Yes, the Big M. My husband had a severe allergic reaction and it was touch and go. As is usual for me, I handled all of it very well. Then a week or two later I completely broke down and bawled my eyes out ... not worried about him (by then he was healthy as can be), but when I started paying bills and wondering what is going to happen when the ambulance/emergency room bills come in! Of course I was crying for EVERYTHING that went wrong in the past 6 months (not much, really).
Claire,
no need to feel ashamed..You know we all rach a point at one time or another where, just, a button coming of our shirt sets off a flood of tears...You reached that point...I did too, but, your up and running and doing well, I am as well..I can handle things just fine, the kids get hurt, I take in get em checked, come home put them to sleep, then an hour later, I'm shaking and in tears...We all handle things in our own way..I would have had a stroke had my dh had anything happen to him..but it would have been later not sooner:) I'm just happy you both are okay...
kadesma:)

Tonight. I got an email from my SIL. She went on and on about her new boyfriend and all sorts of stuff that she's doing this summer while she's off from work, and not once did she ask how we were doing getting ready for the baby, etc. At the end she made a snide comment about how I better not expect her to be throwing me a baby shower. I really didn't expect her to but a tiny part of me was hoping that she might because I really don't have anyone else who would. We have friends, but I'd call them good acquaintances--the type of people who would come if invited but that's as far as it goes.

I feel selfish that this made me so sad. We're fortunate that my parents are very involved and helping us get ready and that we're able to do a lot on our own, too, but it still hurts and has me feeling sort of lonely. :cry:

PA Baker said:
Tonight. I got an email from my SIL. She went on and on about her new boyfriend and all sorts of stuff that she's doing this summer while she's off from work, and not once did she ask how we were doing getting ready for the baby, etc. At the end she made a snide comment about how I better not expect her to be throwing me a baby shower. I really didn't expect her to but a tiny part of me was hoping that she might because I really don't have anyone else who would. We have friends, but I'd call them good acquaintances--the type of people who would come if invited but that's as far as it goes.

I feel selfish that this made me so sad. We're fortunate that my parents are very involved and helping us get ready and that we're able to do a lot on our own, too, but it still hurts and has me feeling sort of lonely. :cry:
Pa, I'm sorry, please don't feel blue..Sometimes sisters,can be so thoughtless..They get all agog over something and foret what is important in life. Believe me, I know...I to have a sister, who hasn't bee here tosee our som since Christmas..It makes me so angry I could cry..Back to you..I wish I could give you that shower, I did it for both my daughters and I had so much fun:) Even tho I can't do much, I do hope your family come through for you..We all need that little nudge that says, Of course I love you silly..:)
So, don't be blue, look down, pat your tummy and tell that precious baby that you love it. It will tell you back!!!
kadesma

okay guys we're having a baby shower for pa in the cafe.
pa you know if we really could we would without thinking
twice about it

PA Baker said:

i'll be at the cafe baby shower!
PA, i don't blame you for being hurt or sad. it's not one bit selfish of you to be sad about your sil not throwing you a shower. this is your first baby and that's a very big deal (all babies are are big deal!) and you deserve a baby shower!
about it making you sort of lonely, you can come online and talk to us. i hate getting the lonlies; usually i call my friends and see who wants to go out somewhere with me or else i come online.:)
can't wait to go pick out the gift i'm bringing to the cafe baby shower middie's throwing for you!

pa mommy, don't sweat the sil. sounds to me like a form of jealousy. you are about to begin the greatest time in your life, so she needed to feel equal by pulling you down.
my sisters offered to throw dw a baby shower, but dw was insistant on letting one of her (stinkin rich but) flaky girlfriends handle it. well, as i predicted, it never came to pass, and it just ended up insulting my family. and i've had to buy EVERYTHING ever since. :mad:

be grateful you have help from your parents. we don't even have that. dw's are gone, and mine are too old to even consider asking. (sometimes it helps you feel better when you see how crappy other's lives are, lol. :) )

You will have the worlds biggest baby shower here! Who else has guests from so many countries at their babyshower? SIL can be awkward, I always wanted one that could become like a sister to me cause I don't have one but it hasn't really happened.
Does the baby have any toy kangaroos yet?? :)

middie said:
just don't get her what i'm getting her okay ??? lol

i saw a cute pink-and-green onsie with stripes on it and the matching hat and booties at baby GAP. that's what i'm getting for her. but don't say anything to PA. i want it to be a surprise. what are you getting her?
(i seriously love baby GAP. each time i go to the regular GAP i have to stop at the baby GAP and buy my friend's toddler an outfit or two.:LOL: )

You guys are just too sweet! Luvs, I didn't read your post so I'll be surprised:LOL:

Bucky, you're absolutely right that the SIL is jealous. That's a good point to keep in mind. I'm sorry you guys have had a rough time of it but probably, when you look at Bucky Jr., it doesn't matter all that much, huh?!?

Mrs.Mac, I feel the same way you do. I'm an only child so I always looked forward to having in-laws to make my family bigger and feel like I finally had siblings. My hubby laughs (in a nice way) when I get sad that my SIL and I aren't closer because he says now I realize what it's really like having siblings! Guess I'd been having only-child fantisies!

Thanks again guys! {{hugs}}

luvs i'm geting her a framed poem which pa can have personalized with the baby's weight, length, birthdate, AND the baby's picture too !!!!!
i'm also going to get her a bouncy seat that vibrates. those things are truly a heaven sent item.

pa you better not read this !!!!!!!!! :mad:
LOOK AWAY NOW !!!! :LOL:

Well a couple of weeks ago as I was rushing through the kitchen I bumped my toe on the leg of one of the kitchen chairs but before I actually started crying I came across with a whole bunch of words that nobody in the house even knew existed.:ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom