Latest Fly Box

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paymaster

Sous Chef
Finished this one today.

img_1487468_0_f24bb148cb0eae425b3aabc04f4face6.jpg

Oh, how pretty! What kind of fish is it? Sort of looks like a bluegill.

Looks like a bit of acrylic action going on. I may be wrong. Watercolors would go away if the tacklebox was used near water, slip sliding away. Might even be oil.

Help us out here, PM.

Cheryl, as an artist, I highly suspect it's acrylic. Oil is an old style paint, and takes special technique, and it is unforgiving. You can abuse acrylic to pieces, and it will forgive you. We shall wait to hear from PM!

Last edited:
Thanks y'all! It is actually Sharpies on white foam. The boxes I order have a flat, white foam lid liner in them and I draw on the foam with colored Sharpie pens.

Paymaster, Those are really neat. I was thinking they were in colored watercolor pencil, who knew you could do so much with sharpies? I like the bluegill the best, he looks happier than the other fish. :)

LOL blissful - I was thinking the same! My brother often used them, but was a little softer over all. Didn't quite match the sharpness.

Thanks again y'all! Sharpies come in a lot of colors and tip sizes. You can blend colors with a Q-tip but you have to be quick before it dries.:)

Lovely flies too, PM. Chief Longwind ties his own flies as well.

I've always just used minnows for walleye, when Dad and I would run out of minnows, we'd use fish eyeballs. They would not look as pretty in your pretty boxes though!

Lovely flies too, PM. Chief Longwind ties his own flies as well.

I've always just used minnows for walleye, when Dad and I would run out of minnows, we'd use fish eyeballs. They would not look as pretty in your pretty boxes though!
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

I will have to come up with a fish eye pattern to tie!:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom