Lawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In the Kitchen

Executive Chef
WE had a large large tree removed in the Fall. There were five large piles of dirt that the tree service had removed when it was cut down. Yesterday, after much nagging I filled the dirt back where the tree was. Now I have a large section w/o grass. Since this is something I hardly know about, would someone suggest how to cover w/grass in a simple way? I know I could call garden center but I feel they will tell me something that would accommodate them. Maybe not the cheapest way to accomplish the job.

Thanks.

If you can find an outlet that sells turf squares, buy some of those and settle them down on top of the earth where the hole was. They should eventually 'bed in' and not look too different from the rest of the lawn.:)

Alternatively make an ornamental flower bed there. or a rockery.

Collect a sample of the grass currently growing in your yard and go on the Internet and find out what type grass you have. If you decide to plant seed, buy good quality because the cheap stuff is loaded with weed seed. You also need to sow the seed generously and evenly. You can buy a hand sower that is economical and made of plastic so it is light weight. You will need to reseed the area once or twice more after the first grass starts growing. 2ndly, you can buy rolled grass sod. It does have to be soaked with water on a daily basis until it takes root (about 2 weeks). It needs less attention than the grass seed. The main thing is to plant the same type of grass as you already have growing in your yard.

Quick

thanks for the quick responses. Sounds easier to use the sod. Just that trying to get someone to do things before too late, isn't easy. When they have time off always want to do what they want to, not what should be done. Always left up to someone who it bothers the most, me. (sorry, feeling sorry for myself)

Better get started and keep moving. I do thank you both for your time and suggestions.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom