Lawn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dina

Thanks, am saving all the comments to keep for future use. Don't want to chance this to memory. The family seems to have different opinions on taking care of the lawn. However, I ignore them due to being family and say I will do as this thread suggests. I trust what all of you say due to the experience you have.

Thanks once again for the time. I must say, I truly admire a home with a well cared for lawn. Shows the people take pride in their home.

I think a lot depends on where you live. Growing up out west, lots of watering, ditto in Florida to offset the heat. Around here few people water (golf courses, resorts, B&Bs, etc, but few simple homeowners). I think guys are more into the lawn thing. Since hubby had a few bad years of arthritis/gout, we hire a lawn service for cutting, the guy is a neighbor and watches it closely and sends his crew over when it needs to be done (more often when it needs it, longer or shorter depending on the season, etc). If I had my way we'd have no lawn, which will definitely be the case in our next home.

Sense

Does it make sense to stop cutting your lawn regularly so it won't dry out? We haven't cut the lawn since I have been trying to get it established. Is this doing more harm? The weather here is supposed to be in the 3 digits this week. Can you imagine how hot the ground must be? Don't you wonder how people lived without air conditioning?

thanks for the help.

I don't know the exact temperature, but you definitely do not want to cut your grass up above 80 if possible. If you have to, do so about an hour before night and make sure there is a good watering in there..

Are you going to take some pictures of your progress?

thanks

candelbc said:
I don't know the exact temperature, but you definitely do not want to cut your grass up above 80 if possible. If you have to, do so about an hour before night and make sure there is a good watering in there..

Are you going to take some pictures of your progress?

Happy you are interested in my progress. I have to continue doing what I am doing in order to get it going so in Fall they want to aerate the lawn and hopefully I will have some grass. It seems to be coming great in some areas and others can still see the ground. In the morning, everyone still asleep and I am walking around almost in the dark but it doesn't take long and the sky starts getting light. Even the birds aren't singing yet when I start watering. Have been watering every other day and it sure doesn't look like it when I stop. Have to move the hose about six times to make sure I get the front and the back.

I thank you for your interest and is your lawn doing okay? do you water in morning or evening?

I've found that when it is very hot, especially if it is dry, too short of a lawn burns quite easily.

Back
Top Bottom