Lawrence Welk, only me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
Am I the only person who loves this guy?

My friends all think I'm nuts!

I plan my Saturday meals around this Old Show.. I was a little too young, but my family watched all this!

Whatever happened to Geritol?

Eric, Austin Tx.

I saw Myron F play the accordian about 8 or so years ago. Couldn't believe he could still lift it, accordians are heavy! He put on a free concert at the International Music Camp up at the Peace Gardens (ND/Manitoba border), well, free in that all the proceeds went to the camp for scholarships. He didn't accept a fee.
We watched LW, and when visiting G'ma, sometimes twice a day!!!!

My parents watched him all the time and with only one TV in the house was forced to watch myself. That is one of a few shows I can't stand to watch. Others include...
Oh never mind, you all haven't got that kind of time.

I grew up watching this show and don't blame you for loving it. Who were the sisters who sang? Lennon sisters? Something like that. And the dancing. My father plays the accordion so you know he was a fan. Whatever happened to variety shows, anyway? I'm 54 and these sounds bring me happy childhood memories.

I grew up watching Lawrence Welk too.....and I must have enjoyed it, later my older sister told me she was so happy when she learned that the first album i bought with my own money was Jefferson Airplane, she was afraid I was going to be stuck on Lawrence Welk!

in reflection, I do think it was neat the opportunity he afforded.....um.....artists....didn't he have a fellow who spun plates on top of poles??

And I still have a soft spot for the song "Scarlet Ribbons"...

My grandfather was the first person I knew who watched Lawrence Welk. He always said the champagne lady then was blowing him a kiss at the end. We still watch it on PBS and enjoy the different stages of the show. Last week was big bands and as much as I love big bands I hadn't heard of most of the ones he mentioned. I suppose the day of good variety shows is past. I saw a program with Carol Burnett talking about how many variety shows were around when she was doing hers. With such awful shows on now we find ourselves not watching much except news. Dh does watch the RFD programs since he is rebuilding 3 tractors. I don't know why, he can't use but one at the time...a good project for a retiree.

Back
Top Bottom