LCBO Food and Drink Magazine Early Summer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
Is available. It has some really yummy sounding recipes. Several recipes for Strata....I can't wait to try some of them. (No, I don't work for the LCBO and no I don't write/edit this magazine). LCBO Food and Drink

I want to make the coriander cocktail cookies! And the lemon-filled eclairs!

Isn't it amazing that they print that book and throw it into newspapers for free. The quality of print is about the best I have ever seen. the paper is thick and coated. The photography is the absolute best

Makes my head spin why a govt controlled monopoly needs to spend that kind of money advertising booze for which they are the only outlet to get it!!!. I am almost positive that whoever sets that magazine up is getting a great kick back or his brother inlaw is int he print industry!!! lol

I have a friend who works for head office LCBO and he says they make tons of money...I wonder if having no competition has anything to do with that? hmmmmm

Isn't it amazing that they print that book and throw it into newspapers for free. The quality of print is about the best I have ever seen. the paper is thick and coated. The photography is the absolute best

Makes my head spin why a govt controlled monopoly needs to spend that kind of money advertising booze for which they are the only outlet to get it!!!. I am almost positive that whoever sets that magazine up is getting a great kick back or his brother inlaw is int he print industry!!! lol

I have a friend who works for head office LCBO and he says they make tons of money...I wonder if having no competition has anything to do with that? hmmmmm
The LCBO probably makes tons of money on booze--but the magazine is free. The magazine is available at LCBO outlets. It is not thrown into newspapers. The recipes are also available on line. This year, LCBO has also made a "purchase back issues" option available. I have copies of this from 1998. I have made many of the recipes and have found that they always work. And, the contributors stretch my mind re: combinations, etc. It is a very nice magazine--it comes out 6x per year. The Holiday issue is to die for--it is always a hot commodity at the LCBO and the LCBO often runs out of the hard copies way before Christmas.

Alix--I'll pm you the lemon eclair recipe if you can't get it. It takes about 6 weeks for all the recipes to be available online and sometimes some of the recipes don't get put up on the web site.

Last edited:
Margi--I hope you checked some of the recipes. The summer issue is probably the 2nd most popular (after the Holiday issue). The summer one comes out on June 17th--I have all the dates for 2012 marked on my calendar. I guess I'm a Food and Drink groupie!

Back
Top Bottom