LEAST liked Herbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't remember what it's called right now...but it's long and oval and looks like a little itty bitty watermelon! I remember finding it on mom's pizza and chicken and HATED it growing up!

I'll bet it's a spice then. It is about the size of a grain of rice and I hated it! LOL!

Angie, I know those things, but am brain dead right now and cannot think of what they are called - anise seed, maybe?

Unlike you, I liked them on mom's fake pizza for us kids: white bread, pizza sauce, some mozz, and those seeds.

The herb I don't like as much as the others? Probably tarragon. Never got the results out of it that I was expecting.

Angie - I know what you're talking about now!! They're not Caraway seeds, but Fennel Seeds!!! They do look identical to Caraway, except are frequently paler or more greenish in color; but while Caraway is used primarily in baking (like rye bread), in sauerkraut, & many German & Danish dishes, Fennel Seed is most frequently used on pizza, in Italian sausage, poultry, etc. I've never seen Caraway on pizza, but have often seen Fennel seeds on it.

And yes, they do look like tiny little watermelons - lol!!

Ohh, OK...I had fennel in the back of my mind but caraway came up with a good picture of what the little watermelons look like! LOL!

masala indian food herbs

I can't get used to masala mix herbs that go into indian food. It can be too strong in meals. But I enjoy few indian meals, like butter chicken or lamb korma so something must be wrong with me.

I don't care for Tarragon, or fennel, oregano in small amounts is ok, but I prefer none at all:LOL: Other herbs, i love and use them in almost everything...

kadesma:)

texasgirl said:
I do not like Rosemary!!

Where did you meet my sister-in-law??:ROFLMAO: :LOL:

I don't like cilantro - I'm one of those people who thinks cilantro tastes like soapy water.

Andy M. said:
Where did you meet my sister-in-law??:ROFLMAO: :LOL:

I don't like cilantro - I'm one of those people who thinks cilantro tastes like soapy water.
My husband says it's like eating dirt from a sand box:LOL:

kadesma

Back
Top Bottom