Legion Hall, Fire House, etc. dinners.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

justplainbill

Executive Chef
Any of you folks had occasion to regularly enjoy monthly dinners at places like those in the thread's topic? The guys at my post used to make some super dinners but the deserts were not up my alley. Being attended by mostly fossils, there were usually plenty of seconds left over for me :pig:.
Unfortunately most all of the swell crowd that made for such a nice monthly affair have gone on to meet their maker.

Last edited:
I go to a monthly Danish Club luncheon with Danish sandwiches and akvavit. We have them at the Legion Hall.

aww, i miss going to the danish club in brooklyn when i was a little kid. my uncles, artie and andy andersen (no kidding!) used to bring us to the monthly get together dinners.
i think it's where i got my love of fish and smoked/cured foods.

jpb, do the fossils (lol) have battles over who cooks better and how to cook things?
i love to watch the little old timers argue all day as they crank out clam chowder, sausage n peppers, dogs and burgers, pierogies, clams on the half shell, and kielbasi and kraut when the different firehouses in town have picnics during the late spring and summer months.
the argueing must work because everything is so good. we usually go home with a plate of pierogies and an extra quart of the cam chowder.

aww, i miss going to the danish club in brooklyn when i was a little kid. my uncles, artie and andy andersen (no kidding!) used to bring us to the monthly get together dinners.
i think it's where i got my love of fish and smoked/cured foods.

jpb, do the fossils (lol) have battles over who cooks better and how to cook things?
i love to watch the little old timers argue all day as they crank out clam chowder, sausage n peppers, dogs and burgers, pierogies, clams on the half shell, and kielbasi and kraut when the different firehouses in town have picnics during the late spring and summer months.
the argueing must work because everything is so good. we usually go home with a plate of pierogies and an extra quart of the cam chowder.
Sounds like Bay Ridge? Lots'a good natured kibitzing especially after a few cocktails.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom