Lemon flavored mushrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
Well, probably not, but ya have to wonder :huh:
I don't recall this being in my yard yesterday...

Attachments

• shroom.jpg
    shroom.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 175
Thanks. I know nothing about shrooms or toadstools.

edited to prove I know the difference between no and know (lol)
Dang allergies are killing me today....

It's about 3 - 3-1/2" in diameter.

Check this out. It inverted itself, and lost some color.
Wonder what tomorrow will bring.....

Attachments

• shroom2.jpg
    shroom2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 137
I bet that would really mess someone up. lol

Foot in my mouth, I thought I was making a joke, but it was uneducated. People actually use those. *gag*

An interesting thing to do with those big beautiful mushrooms is to make a spore sprint.

Cut the stem off the cap of the 'shroom, and lay it gills down on a sheet of paper and leave it undisturbed overnight.

The spores (like seeds) are formed in the gills, and when the mushroom is fully open, the spores drop out.

When you pick up the mushroom cap in the morning, the paper will have a perfect print of the underside of the mushroom, made of the spores. If you want to keep the picture, you have to spray it with fixative or aerasol hair spray.

Some mushrooms have white spores, which won't show on white paper, so you might try two caps, one on white and one on colored paper. Kids love this, and it is perfectly safe. Do have them wash their hands after handling the mushroom, and make sure little ones know not to put the mushroom in their mouth.

Ha... That's so cool that it inverted itself. It'll take off into space in the middle of the night.

It's still inverted, even moreso. I was thinking it only did that for the night, but I guess not.
Maybe it's doing it to drop its spores? And that cool yellow color hasn't come back like it was yesterday morning.

Time to give it a kick (lol)

Maybe that kick will have to wait. I'm kinda curious now....
It inverted so much it ripped itself. Silly mushroom :rolleyes:

Attachments

• shroom3.jpg
    shroom3.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 135
Don't even touch it with bare hands. If you're disposed to do so, wear gloves, disposable latex type are best.

The toxins in many of these poisonous mushrooms can be absorbed topically. Even experienced mushroom collectors will never put unidentified fungi in collection bags/baskets with identified edible types. Just poisonous types touching edible varieties that are then eaten can cause serious reactions in people.

Back
Top Bottom