Let's PARTY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My house wouldn't be much fun cookie, but we could have it at my secret private beach and even party all day and night there, complete with a big ole bonfire. Yay!!! Check out the pictures here. https://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f26/random-photo-thread-iii-104585.html

Kayelle, what a beautiful place for the party. I live only a few miles from the beach over here on the east coast. Grew up spending a lot of my time at the beach. Sad to say, it has been quite a few years since I last saw the ocean. It will be fun to party at your private beach. Thank you for inviting us all. I volunteer DH as part of the clean up crew. lol

Oh I just remembered the time difference. 4:30 PM here, would that be 1:30 PM there?

Last edited:
OK folks, let's hit the beach. Get those masks on...

Attachments

• ewscripps.brightspotcdn.com.jpg
    ewscripps.brightspotcdn.com.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 99
I'll be there! I'll bring my neighborhood-famous summer peach sangria with honey-mint simple syrup! [emoji484] My couscous salad with grilled vegetables and lemon-herb vinaigrette is also nicely refreshing and goes with any grilled proteins :yum:

I hope all turns out right for you, Roadfix. Such scary times.

Thanks, Taxlady! I don't know who sent it to me but I really like it. It has a space for inserts.

I love doo-wop, Kayelle. Actually, I love most music. Also, I have a hat that has a detachable face-shield.

Linda and I are joining the party....... I'm bringing a gallon of my RUM Punch, and Linda is bringing spicy lamb kebabs for the Barbie:

If I look angry to you, I'm not ----- and if Linda looks scared, she's not.
And BTW, I cut Linda's hair twice during this COVID crisis, and she's trimmed me 3 times !

Attachments

• IMG_9576 paul mask.jpg
    IMG_9576 paul mask.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_9578 Linda Mask.jpg
    IMG_9578 Linda Mask.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Linda and I are joining the party....... I'm bringing a gallon of my RUM Punch, and Linda is bringing spicy lamb kebabs for the Barbie:

And BTW, I cut Linda's hair twice during this COVID crisis, and she's trimmed me 3 times !

I don't think you look angry. I think Linda looks startled or surprised, not scared. BTW, nice name ;). I'm a Linda too. There's a lot of us in my age group.

Rum punch sounds good and I can hardly wait to try those spicy lamb kebabs. Recipe please.

DH and I haven't bothered with hair trimming / cutting. We both just wear ours in pony tails.

Hey...welcome Paul and Linda! Oh boy, I love RUM and lamb too!
Good looking couple you are...and so well kept too. :punk:

I made this recently (yesterday) and think it's party worthy.

Potato Salad with Haricots Verts, Roquefort and Walnuts

For the salad:
2 pounds baby red-skinned potatoes, quartered
8 tablespoons Mustard Vinaigrette
2/3 cup crumbled Roquefort cheese
1/2 pound haricots verts, trimmed
1/3 cup walnuts, toasted, chopped
--
Mustard Vinaigrette:
•1/4 cup Dijon mustard
•3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
•3/4 cup olive oil
•2 or 3 shallots, chopped
•2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
•2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
Add 2 tablespoons chopped tarragon to vinaigrette but not to the potato oven mix.

To make Mustard Vinaigrette:
Mix mustard and vinegar in bowl. Gradually whisk in oil. Mix in shallots and herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover, chill. Bring to room temperature, mix before using.

To make potato salad:
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Mix potatoes and 3 tablespoons vinaigrette in a zip lock bag and transfer to a large baking dish. Distribute potatoes in a single layer. Roast 20 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. and continue roasting until potatoes are tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 50 minutes.
Transfer to large bowl and cool slightly. Mix in 3 tablespoons vinaigrette and 1/3 cup Roquefort cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cook haricots verts in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain. Rinse under cold water to cool; drain well. Transfer to medium bowl. Mix in 3 tablespoons cheese, 2 tablespoons vinaigrette and walnuts. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange beans on platter. Mound potatoes in center of platter atop beans. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.

Bon Appetit May 1994

My notes:
Yes, 1/4 cup dijon. your oven will smell very mustardy, but it dissipates.
I have never added the walnuts. No reason.
If small potatoes, cut a strip of peel off. Yukon gold potatoes work well too.
I used a small onion, no shallots today.
If you do not prefer some of the listed herbs, use Thyme, fresh oregano or marjoram, and add some basil just before tossing the salad together
I used 1/4 cup red wine vinegar because that's what I had.
Serve at room temperature, great for parties.

Last edited:
I don't think you look angry. I think Linda looks startled or surprised, not scared. BTW, nice name ;). I'm a Linda too. There's a lot of us in my age group.

Rum punch sounds good and I can hardly wait to try those spicy lamb kebabs. Recipe please.

DH and I haven't bothered with hair trimming / cutting. We both just wear ours in pony tails.

I am rocking my long, grey ponytail. I've not worn ponytails in years, but am finding it rather fun. :) I will bet you are rocking yours too!

Back
Top Bottom