Let's quit tobacco together!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i need to quit ..
but its easy to put it off till this carton is gone ..
and the next one ..

I hear you, "Q". Been telling myself it'll be easier if I go back to buying by the pack (at almost $5 per).

If I had to do a personal ad right now it would have to start off as "intelligent but still smoking..."

funny thing for me .. i do not smoke in my house ..
or in cars .. anywhere there are children ..
but when i am at work .. i can go through a pack in 6 hours ...

I hear you, "Q". Been telling myself it'll be easier if I go back to buying by the pack (at almost $5 per).

If I had to do a personal ad right now it would have to start off as "intelligent but still smoking..."

Sorry Mudbug, but the term "intelligent but still smoking" is an oxymoron. No intelligent person starts to smoke or continues to smoke. As I said, I kicked the habit by deciding to do it and my mindset kept me from ever craving a cigarette. After 35 years it was possible. I have never had one cigarette since the day I quit, nor do I ever want to again.

Two of my good friends discovered that cancer cures smoking. One has died, the other has a hole in her throat and will not be with us much longer. Give this some serious thought.

Sorry, but I disagree DQ, just because I smoke does not mean I am suddenly stupid or my IQ just dropped 30 points. I don't think the argument that only stupid people smoke would hold up, and is rather offensive to be honest not to mention stereotypical.
Bless you that you found it so easy to quit, I really wish it was that easy for the rest of us as well. But as my own doctor has put it, she has had more success getting people off crack than cigarettes. She also believes, thru observation and agreement with others in her profession, that todays cigarettes are as addictive if not more so than some illegal drugs today. They are purposely made that way by the cigarette companies.

Sorry, but I disagree DQ, just because I smoke does not mean I am suddenly stupid or my IQ just dropped 30 points. I don't think the argument that only stupid people smoke would hold up, and is rather offensive to be honest not to mention stereotypical.
Bless you that you found it so easy to quit, I really wish it was that easy for the rest of us as well. But as my own doctor has put it, she has had more success getting people off crack than cigarettes. She also believes, thru observation and agreement with others in her profession, that todays cigarettes are as addictive if not more so than some illegal drugs today. They are purposely made that way by the cigarette companies.

I can has a brain now? :angel:

:LOL:

DQ, that's a little harsh. OUCH!

Mudbug, mine were at $6.62 when I quit. It's sickening how they are able to do that and we are all but pawns when addiction has us in it's grip!!

Last edited:
My neighbor has never smoked, never even touched a single cigarette, he was diagnosed with lung canser in march, and gone may. Yes smoking is bad, but canser cures many other things too, not only bad ones. Bad example.

Well folks, let me add my two cents...I am also a smoker and so is DH. I don't think that anyone who hasn't smoked could possibly imagine how addictive nicotine is. I was talking to someone about it the other day (never smoked) and she said something silly about being addicted to chocolate. I almost lost it. I said "Try kicking heroin. It's easier." And adding to the problem is that cigarettes are SO much cheaper here - only $20 a carton. Still, we spend alot of $$$ on smokes, and the ironic thing is how much we enjoy our lives. And we are cutting them short by smoking. We talk about quitting all the time.

My neighbor has never smoked, never even touched a single cigarette, he was diagnosed with lung canser in march, and gone may. Yes smoking is bad, but canser cures many other things too, not only bad ones. Bad example.

Yeap, that seems to happen to many people. BIL has Mesothelioma, from asbestos and look at Christopher Reeves wife, Dana, also a non smoker.
You dont have to smoke to get cancer, BUT, smoking does give you a much higher risk of developing it later.

Back
Top Bottom