Let's talk fast food.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snack_pack85

Washing Up
I know this is a cooking forum, but I know we don't always have time to lovingly prepare home-cooked meals. SO...where do you all go for your quick, greasy fixes? And what were your biggest disapointments? I went to Wendy's for my cheat day last week and ordered the "gourmet" mushroom bacon swiss which is piled high with veggies and meat in the commercial. In reality it is a soggy, salty mess. Yuck. I haven't had a burger that bad in a while! Any takers?

;)

Eva

Subway is our first choice... we share a foot long, different sandwiches depending on our moods. Paul's favorite is the Spicy Italian but I'd rather have the chicke fajita.
Burger king is the second choice. We each get a whopper Jr. and we share an onion ring. He always gets a diet pop and I get water.

I'm not a big fast food fan... but on occasion, I like Taco Bell... those chalupas they have are pretty good for a quick and cheap fix. Shlotzkey's is a fav of both DH and I for lunch.

DH loves Mickey Ds.... I can't stand the place. So if he does Mickey Ds... I eat what I can find in the fridge.

Ohhh.. and Dairy Queen steak finger baskets!! I love those, but we don't have any DQs close by. And Chik-filet... how ever you spell it. I can eat their chicken sandwhich on wheat bread although it has been a while since I have had one.

not much for fast food here, either, and i'm with you sattie, mchell is pure horrible.

but something about the light, crispy, savory breading on chick fil a nuggets? and their waffle-cut fries? worth the occasional trip to the mall!

Sheets Dogs (Sheets is a convenience store filling station). Two dogs for $1.25 , and they don't charge extra if their green :LOL: Its enough to keep the headaches away.

Taco Bell for the same reason.

Once a week or if I have to because I would rather go hungry than eat fast food.

I don't really go traditional fast food for the quick on the road eats. I usually
end up at a grocery store for a sub or sandwich from the deli section.
If I do go Fast Food, usually it ends up Taco Bell.. tacos or some sort of burrito.
The last decent burger I had was a Thickburger from Hardee's... they had a 2/1 intro
special... I have gotten old, I could barely stuff the last 2/3 of the second one down my gullet, LOL!
The last nasty burger I had was a McDonald's $1 menu double cheesburger. However, since that was after a rare night of over drinking, it was just what the doctor ordered, LOL!
In general for a regular burger it is always Wendys. Then Hardees. Then.... somewhere else. Burger King is Burper King for me, and I've never liked McD, either. For some reason, I never think of DQ or the local Charbroil burgers, which are really good.
Man, now I am jonesing for a big greasy burger... thanks. ;)

I don't really go traditional fast food for the quick on the road eats. I usually
end up at a grocery store for a sub or sandwich from the deli section.
If I do go Fast Food, usually it ends up Taco Bell.. tacos or some sort of burrito.
The last decent burger I had was a Thickburger from Hardee's... they had a 2/1 intro
special... I have gotten old, I could barely stuff the last 2/3 of the second one down my gullet, LOL!
The last nasty burger I had was a McDonald's $1 menu double cheesburger. However, since that was after a rare night of over drinking, it was just what the doctor ordered, LOL!
In general for a regular burger it is always Wendys. Then Hardees. Then.... somewhere else. Burger King is Burper King for me, and I've never liked McD, either. For some reason, I never think of DQ or the local Charbroil burgers, which are really good.
Man, now I am jonesing for a big greasy burger... thanks. ;)

ooops;). I only brought up fast food because I was thinking about how unbelievable staged all fast food is. It looks bigger, fresher, healthier etc. then you unwrap the peice of....junk food...and it's nothing like what you were expecting. I need to find a better vice for cheat day.

I only do it when I'm "on the road", but I like Taco Bell tacos, McDonald's salads and breakfasts.

I prefer subway.. Cicken Teriyaki in Honey Oat with sweet Onion ,o)
Or our local Kebap store (Doenerbutze ;o) )... but some pasta with Pesto is as fast ;o)

When I'm really hungry I sometimes go to McD's... but it's like Eva says, it's never that good it looks in the ads..and it rarely tastes good... the last good thing they had, was the the veggie burger, but they stopped it a few years ago..

Whoppers @ BK
Wendy's is good for chicken, not burgers.
KFC!!!
Otherwise, local pizza and sub shops

My first choice would be Subway (BMT), then I would go with Wendy's with a baked potato with chives and a small chilli off the doller menu. I will dump the chilli over the baked potato and have a good meal for $2.00 (both are off the dollar menu). Most the other places I am not too fond of.

i have a weakness for Big Macs .. i just love those things ..
as far as things looking good on tv or whatever ...
the Wendys baconator .. i do not what what that cheese sauce they
put on it is supposed to resemble ..

Sonic burgers are the best burgers. Krystals, Taco-bell and McDonalds are about all I eat. Can't stand BK or Wendy's. Subway is always a good choice for obvious reasons (if you make the right choices of course). Then when I'm starving and want sometning that will really hit the spot, a sweet and spicy meatball sub from Firehouse.

I like just about all of them, with the exception of most of BK's stuff. Too smoky, but that swiss, onion steakhouse thing tastes awesome, even though it doesn't even closely resemble what it's supposed to look like. I think of it like lazy golumpki compared to pigs in the blanket. Just close your eyes and eat it (lol).
Just BK in the town where I live, so I don't do much fast food unless I run into Erie and hit fast food alley, where they all are. Loves Wendy's doubles, love Taco Hell's basic tacos, but fast food sure is pricey.

When I get the urge, it's off to Taco Smell for a #3 Combo. Three soft deluxe tacos w/ drink. Although the Grilled Stuffed Burrito is good as well.

I have been known to eat at Burger King, but those are getting scarce around here. Sonic does a good burger, as does a local chain, Braum's.

I actually make a great burger where I work. And yes, it IS piled high with goodies, and you can see it when it comes to the table, as I wrap the burger, but leave one side exposed just so you can see it.

Whataburger

Whataburger is my hands down favorite... I like that they make burgers to order.... The Taquito is genius.... and they take AMEX and are .... sadly I cannot have them up north.... in Philly I generally go for a WAWA hoagie or a cheesesteak wit (this can be gotten almost anywhere)

I do love fast food... although I dont eat it ofen (too much and I start to feel nasty) as an occassional indulgence I think its fine.... McDonalds is great for a hangover... Wendys probably has the best variety of the big ones... Taco Bell gets you the most bang for your buck....

The one I can't stand is Arbys... just the thought of that place gives me indigestion.

McD's > I just love those little kiddie burgers
Subway > Delicious sandwiches
Burger King > Whopper w/cheece and their french fries
Sonic > The Sonic bacon cheese burger, chili cheese dog w/onions, tater tots w/chili, cheese & onions and the corn dogs
Pizza Hut > Stuffed crust supreme
Long John Silvers >

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom