Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Same here except for me my two must watch are "Castle" on Monday nights (although, I must confess, they rerun old episodes here on the weekends, two networks and the same two reruns on each, just different times - we try to catch each episode, but only once) and "BBT" on Thursdays. LOVE those nerds!:)

Castle and BBT, here too. Slap on Person of Interest, NCIS and Elementary and my week is set...unless The Voice is on, which it is! :)

When Himself falls asleep watching something I'll turn the volume down a little. If that doesn't wake him in a minute or two, *poof* off goes the TV.

Hmm, didn't turn TV shows on the whole time Shrek wasn't home? There has to be somewhere you could ship him off to - just not as drastic as a hospital. Then again, in my DH's case the kitty just might trip him coming down the steps. (*gasp* Did I type that with my "outside fingers"? ... :ohmy:)

We are low census at work again...I may have to push Shrek down the stairs or trip old folks in the mall...maybe I'll just take a vacation:rolleyes: The last time we were low census I got Shrek a bed at work...:ROFLMAO: Poor Shrek!!!

Busy watching Heroes. We're on season 4. Wonder what we can watch next?
Any suggestions guys?

We've finished The Grimm, Vampire Diaries, Smallville, Supernatural, True Blood, The Mentalist, Prison Break, Two Broke Girls, Big bang Theory , Lost, The taste etc etc.

If you can get it the CBS series "The Closer" is very very good.

Its about a brilliant Las Angeles homicide detective that always finds a devious way to get a murderer to either confess to the crime or implicate themselves in such a way as as to assure their conviction.

She's a southern gal from Georgia who has that disarming southern charm.

She uses a combination of this charm and the "dumb hick" stereotype to lull the perps into a false sense of security and keep them off balance.

I've been a fan of Kyra Sedgwick since I saw her in Phenomenon and she dies not disappoint in this series.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0458253/

Another outstanding series that comes to mind is Medium.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0412175/

Be prepared to be hooked by either one of these programs.

We watched the opening season of Deadliest Catch last night. I'm not sure why I've enjoyed this show for so many seasons but I do. Hard working hard living interesting manly men makes for compelling TV. I find myself really caring about most of them.

We watched the opening season of Deadliest Catch last night. I'm not sure why I've enjoyed this show for so many seasons but I do. Hard working hard living interesting manly men makes for compelling TV. I find myself really caring about most of them.

My second husband was a commercial fisherman/shrimper. I used to watch this show. Never missed it. But I found it too stressful. Evertime they would show a man overboard or in the water, I would get that same sick feeling in my stomach that I got the night my husband went into the Atlantic. He came home wrapped in a CG blanket and his underwear. Too many bad memories of friends lost at sea. :angel:

I had a hard time figuring out which episode was the actual season opener.

few vintage shows work for me, but i tuned in to see one of my 'babies of the eighties', tom selleck, for an episode of magnum, p.i. today, and found it to be thoroughly enjoyable. same adorable hunky hottie in shorts, driving a candy red ferrari 'borrowed' from his rich absentee boss, mr. masters, and matching wits with higgins, the eccentric manager of the hawaiian estate where they both reside. he's a laid back, but effective private investigator with laughing blue eyes and a sexy, easy-going charm that just won't quit...
magnum, pi is every bit as good as i remembered it, yumm.:)

magnum, pi is every bit as good as i remembered it, yumm.:)

And good, ol' Tom is still just as "yumm" in "Blue Bloods" as he was back then. I try to catch the "Jesse Stone" TV movies when those show up too. They have all of them at our library system...hmm, maybe a little something to keep warn with this coming winter.;)

sorry, but i don't care for tom's blue bloods show. actually, it would be more accurate to say that i can't abide blue bloods. i think it is the writing that puts me off. i haven't been able to sit through an entire episode, despite several attempts to do so, for tom, for old time's sake....:(

And good, ol' Tom is still just as "yumm" in "Blue Bloods" as he was back then. I try to catch the "Jesse Stone" TV movies when those show up too. They have all of them at our library system...hmm, maybe a little something to keep warn with this coming winter.;)

I think he is a better actor now than he was when he was younger.

I always hoped they would make a TV series or a few movies based on Lilian Jackson Braun's Cat Who mystery books. I think Tom Selleck would be great playing James Mackintosh Qwilleran.

Sort of a male Jessica Fletcher! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Kayelle said:

Great show! I couldn't do what they do.

I once worked on a tuna boat and had a serious issue with sea sickness.

We were out for a week off the US NW Pacific coast.

If that was a pacific sea I would hate to see the North Atlantic!

Hats off to those gents.

I have been wathcing this week's episode of Nature. I don't know if it is this week's event or what, but my stomach just couldn't handle eels tonight. :angel:

My weeknight bedtime routine is to get into bed and watch The Twilight Zone then Perry Mason back to back.

That session ends at 11:30 which is my bedtime.

As it's 11:27 now I bid you all a good night. Have a great day tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom