Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Himself and I decided to plunge into the House of Cards. We're about halfway through Season One, on loan from the local library system. We weren't really impressed after we watched episode one, but decided to continue on for another episode or two. Wow, did we get hooked! Himself said it's the evil version of West Wing. :LOL:

My one fear is not that this is how it really works in politics. My fear is that this has been watered down compared to how it's really done. :ermm: :ohmy:

DH and I just finished the last episode of the most recent season. We really dragged it out ;)

Love the writing and acting, but I don't even want to think about how realistic it might be :ermm:

My favorite show is Andy Griffith. I watch a few episodes every day.

My Husband and I also enjoy Big Bang Theory, Mom, Mike and Molly, Crowded and the Carmichael Show. We also watch Botched, Atlanta Plastic and Chrisley Knows Best.

My favorite show is Andy Griffith. I watch a few episodes every day.

My Husband and I also enjoy Big Bang Theory, Mom, Mike and Molly, Crowded and the Carmichael Show. We also watch Botched, Atlanta Plastic and Chrisley Knows Best.

I too like Big Bang, Mike and Molly. But I am so hooked on the three NatGeo channels. If there is nothing on that interests me, I always find something from them.

I have such a bad habit of putting on a show, then sit down at the computer or get busy doing something else, and don't even notice that Pirate changed the channel. Sure enough, about an hour or two, I get upset with him for changing the channel and I m no longer watching what I put on. He tells me to look at the clock. Dang, it has been a couple of hours since I put on that show that I just HAD to see. I do this every day. :angel:

Any Hell's Kitchen watchers? I am hoping Kristin wins. The other lady seems to have a bad attitude all the time.

Any Hell's Kitchen watchers? I am hoping Kristin wins. The other lady seems to have a bad attitude all the time.

Used to watch it. Now I think that foul mouth Brit needs to be tuned off the air. The show's scripted like all of the other supposed reality shows are.

Liker SherryCarl here, I like the Andy Griffith show. Watch a few episodes every day.
My favorite episode is Season 4 Episode 5 Brisco Declares For Aunt Bee.
Love how she keeps whapping him with a wooden spoon.:LOL:

House of Cards

DH and I just finished the last episode of the most recent season. We really dragged it out ;)

Love the writing and acting, but I don't even want to think about how realistic it might be :ermm:

We're just half-way through Season One. Please tell me the pace picks up! It seems like half of every episode is rehashing what has gone on before. To us, the style is slow and plodding. It's getting to the point where we just wish they'd all die. :ermm: At least the funerals would be more fun, if they were like Himself's family in PA! :LOL:

Castle ~ Spoiler Alert

I don't know about the rest of you that have been following this series, but I was really glad to see that Kate and Richard are starting to get their groove back as a couple. Then, *bam* last week I see an article online that said Kate and Lanie will not be returning next year. In fact, the entire show still has not been renewed for next year. Don't know how much of a show it would be if one-half of the main characters are gone anyway. I sure hope they put a bow on the last episode this season, just in case they still don't know if there is a Season 9.

Used to watch it. Now I think that foul mouth Brit needs to be tuned off the air. The show's scripted like all of the other supposed reality shows are.

Liker SherryCarl here, I like the Andy Griffith show. Watch a few episodes every day.
My favorite episode is Season 4 Episode 5 Brisco Declares For Aunt Bee.
Love how she keeps whapping him with a wooden spoon.:LOL:

Pirate says he was raised by the "wooden spoon" method. I always made sure I used the spoon part on his bottom. Like spanking with a cupped hand. No wonder he just laughed at me. Both him and his brother. :angel:

I don't know about the rest of you that have been following this series, but I was really glad to see that Kate and Richard are starting to get their groove back as a couple. Then, *bam* last week I see an article online that said Kate and Lanie will not be returning next year. In fact, the entire show still has not been renewed for next year. Don't know how much of a show it would be if one-half of the main characters are gone anyway. I sure hope they put a bow on the last episode this season, just in case they still don't know if there is a Season 9.

Oh, my. I love the show. Without Kate it's pointless. The whole show is about her and Richard. That's very sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

We're just half-way through Season One. Please tell me the pace picks up! It seems like half of every episode is rehashing what has gone on before. To us, the style is slow and plodding. It's getting to the point where we just wish they'd all die. :ermm: At least the funerals would be more fun, if they were like Himself's family in PA! :LOL:

It does. The first season there are lots of characters to introduce. We found it difficult to remember who everyone was and what their job was. We have really enjoyed it.

House of Cards

GG, we ended up dumping it. It's just too dark for us, from both a lighting standpoint and script. Himself said he felt like he spent more time watching people in bed than he himself spent in bed! :LOL: We've since moved on to political comedy - the discs for the first season of "Veep" are in transit to our town's library right now.

Castle ~ Series Finale

Well now, that series finale was...something. :huh: Nothing like trying to wrap up a bunch of story line endings into one neat package that answered a lot of questions - in 43 minutes! I felt a little winded by the time it was over, but at least the script writes did finish it off. Pretty much. I guess.

Gonna miss Kate, Richard, and all the rest of the gang. We thought it was a fun show. Now we can go back to watching NCIS LA on Mondays at 10. :LOL:

I watched the final episode of Mike and Molly tonight. Then fell asleep about five minutes before the very end. But I will catch it on reruns I am sure.

I just loved the season's ending of Big Bang Theory. Also Doc Martin. :angel:

Well now, that series finale was...something. :huh: Nothing like trying to wrap up a bunch of story line endings into one neat package that answered a lot of questions - in 43 minutes! I felt a little winded by the time it was over, but at least the script writes did finish it off. Pretty much. I guess.

Gonna miss Kate, Richard, and all the rest of the gang. We thought it was a fun show. Now we can go back to watching NCIS LA on Mondays at 10. :LOL:

I loved the show. It was clever, it was witty, it was cool, it was good show all around. Darn, I wish it did not have to end. I still wonder what the true reason for the ending is. Show could have gone up for few more years, easily.

As far as ending goes. I did not like it at all. At all.:(

Last edited:
Re: Castle. I heard (read) that Kate and Lanie were not being re-signed for another season. Nathan Fillion was re-signed. I also heard there was a major issue between Fillion and Katic and that they never spoke to each other unless they were reading lines. All that together tells me she was the problem. No idea if it was over money or personalities or whatever.

I've been watching all The Sopranos reruns. Didn't realize how funny the mangled language is. For instance:
  • Christopher claims that Issac Newton created gravity after someone hit Newton in the head with an apple.
  • Tony talking about a guy very strange sexual proclivities says, "A guy like that is going out with a woman, he could technically not have penissary contact with her Volvo"
  • Another character, talking about his wife, says, "She's an albacore around my neck."
I've got three or four episodes left in the sixth and final season. Wish there were more.

That's how my Dad talked, and he wasn't even Italian! :LOL: We'd have to translate some things he said to "outsiders". The porch post that held it up was a "pilster", not a pillar. "Dago"=Bagel - we always had to let Italian people know he wasn't using an ethnic slur. He had a whole boatload of them, just can't think of them right now.

We've never seen the Sopranos. I wonder if Himself would want to watch it later this year. TV time around here will resume when my baseball season is over!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom