Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I already heard that, GG! Kai Ryssdal played part of it on Marketplace one evening, then I listened to the rest of it online. In fact, I posted the link to it earlier in this thread for people who watched Mrs. Maisel. Now we're people who watch Mrs. Maisel, too!

I already heard that, GG! Kai Ryssdal played part of it on Marketplace one evening, then I listened to the rest of it online. In fact, I posted the link to it earlier in this thread for people who watched Mrs. Maisel. Now we're people who watch Mrs. Maisel, too!
Kewl! :cool: It's a fun series in a lot of ways.

We’re watching The Plot Against America (HBO). Just waiting for the last episode to drop. My brother in law cousin is in the show as the older child of the main family. Also watching Chernobyl. Both are very good.

We just finished the last episode of the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Now we have to wait like every other fan of the show until the next season drops. December seems so far away...and it might be even longer if Covid-19 delays filming.

First World Problem, I know.

Ooo, Zoey's...! As a theatre person, I knew that I would love it. What surprises me is that Himself is enjoying it too! We were both thoroughly amazed with the ASL dance routine. Our daughter took ASL as her foreign language requirement in college.
Only two episodes left!! [emoji26]

I'm not sure where they are taking the ststorylines. I just hope there will be a season 2 at some point.

Well, we have watched all the recorded episodes of our favorite network TV dramas for this season. Our favorites are all three of the Chicago shows (Med,Fire,PD) along with many others, like Blue Bloods, New Amsterdam, SVU, FBI, SWAT, NCIS New Orleans, Bull, and the fairly new Tommy.
Will those shows ever return as we know them? I can't guess how long it will be before they will be able to film the life we knew before masks and social distancing.

Does anyone have a guess?

I also know that many people are wanting the return of sports for entertainment, and I feel for them too. On the other hand, games can be televised without the fans.

Who has thoughts about the above?

Well, we have watched all the recorded episodes of our favorite network TV dramas for this season. Our favorites are all three of the Chicago shows (Med,Fire,PD) along with many others, like Blue Bloods, New Amsterdam, SVU, FBI, SWAT, NCIS New Orleans, Bull, and the fairly new Tommy.
Will those shows ever return as we know them? I can't guess how long it will be before they will be able to film the life we knew before masks and social distancing.

Does anyone have a guess?

I also know that many people are wanting the return of sports for entertainment, and I feel for them too. On the other hand, games can be televised without the fans.

Who has thoughts about the above?

All I can say is that I think the entertainment world, like other areas of our lives, is over as we knew it. This pandemic will change many aspects of our lives and some are not predictable. Till we find out, all we can do is the best we can do to keep going and lift each other up as best we can [emoji813]

On the bright side, I think this situation may show us that a different type of society might be needed. Too many resources are concentrated in the hands of too few people. As one example, I know sports are important to a lot of people, but the resources that go into them are disproportionate to the benefit received, imo. Maybe the pandemic will be a catalyst for change.

I sure do miss baseball! :cry: Since we don't go to the games, and I listen to them rather than watch, it will be like old times once the games return...as long as they pipe in the sounds of fans in the stands.

...Will those shows ever return as we know them? I can't guess how long it will be before they will be able to film the life we knew before masks and social distancing...
I listen to NPR's "Marketplace" almost every day. One of the topics was just this. They speculate that there will be more of shows filmed on sets and less location shots. It's easier to control your environment in a studio than it is on the streets of New York. There goes half the filming of Law & Order:SVU and the NCIS trio.

Thanks to both of you for your insightful thoughts. The characters and stories on those shows are an important part of our weekly entertainment together in our little world, and it's disturbing to consider never seeing them again.

It was a wet weekend here at Chez Goddess. First, I cried my way out of the ending of "Blue Bloods". As soon as Sean revealed what his ancestry test results showed, I knew what was coming. I think I watch too much TV. :LOL:

Then, tonight's season ender of "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist". Wow! DaveSoMD, do you think Zoey is coming back for another year? I sure hope so - too many story lines going different directions to not bring it back. I hope more people liked it as much as we do.

Then, tonight's season ender of "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist". Wow! DaveSoMD, do you think Zoey is coming back for another year? I sure hope so - too many story lines going different directions to not bring it back. I hope more people liked it as much as we do.

I will watch the season finale of Zoey tonight. I went to bed before it came on but it is recorded. I hope it comes back but I don't know what TV will look like next season. Nothing filming so who knows what we will have. I'm going to miss it, that's for sure.

It was a wet weekend here at Chez Goddess. First, I cried my way out of the ending of "Blue Bloods". As soon as Sean revealed what his ancestry test results showed, I knew what was coming. I think I watch too much TV. :LOL:

CG, I think my favorite of all is Blue Bloods. Besides great story lines, I love their family dinners, complete with grace every time. I also cried ( SC was heard sniffing too) with the final dinner for the season. That family seems so real to me, and I just love them. With Tom as the star, well what's left to say. :wub:
I've not seen Zoey's but the summer will a be a good time to catch up on their re-runs.

Last edited:
Then, tonight's season ender of "Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist". Wow! DaveSoMD, do you think Zoey is coming back for another year? I sure hope so - too many story lines going different directions to not bring it back.

Wow is right!

We cried here watching parts of it.
They have to pick it up and continue the story lines!! The whole next season was set up in that episode!!! We predict Zoey becomes the boss and Max becomes Team Lead. Which complicates both of Zoey's relationships. Thoughts??

....We predict Zoey becomes the boss and Max becomes Team Lead...
Maybe, or maybe someone else? Or Joan stays? All I know is that Kayelle is thinking of watching "Zoey..." this summer, so we shouldn't spill too many spoilers. ;)

...I've not seen Zoey's but the summer will a be a good time to catch up on their re-runs.
I think you'll enjoy it. IIRC, you really like musical productions. This would be right up your alley.

Watched Waco on Netflix. I was just out of college when it happened and was influenced by the media to think that they deserved it, were dangerous. This made me flip to the other side that yes, Koresh was crazy and was guilty of many offenses but it was wrong how it all went down. Tragic that many lives were lost.

Good Eats: Reloaded

I've been watching Good Eats: Reloaded on Netflix. He is correcting errors and omissions from the original show and I'm enjoying the experience.
I'm up to episode six which is about grits and polenta. Bless his heart, it turns out, on this one, he's no less wrong than he was years ago.

Anyway, AB fans will probably appreciate the show.

Saw this in "last movie" thread.

Yesterday, 10:06 PM Vinylhanger
Senior Cook

Not a movie, but Kim's Convienience is a fun one on Netflix I think.

We watched the first episode this morning.. Really enjoyed it and added to "My list". Short episode so, binge worthy.. :)

Ross

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom