Let's Talk TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now that The Masked Singer is over for the season I think we're going to start the original Doctor Who series over again. B had been watching Call the Midwife from the beginning.

I just found out and logged on to tell you the same thing!!!!! [emoji38][emoji1][emoji6] I'm so excited!!!
DaveDaveDave! Didja hear? Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist is renewed for next year. Only 13 episodes, but I'll take it.
Screenshot_20200612-060456_Twitter.jpg

We have just completed 4 seasons (13 half hour episodes) of

Kim's Convenience on Netflix..
"While running a convenience store in Toronto, members of a Korean-Canadian family deal with customers, each other and the evolving world around them."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5912064/

We find this series to be funny, in an old fashioned comedy sense.
The scripts are well written, funny and clean, with a bit of modern subject matter thrown in to tantalize the funny bone.. The acting is spot on without becoming slapstick, which we don't really care for.

Ross

Last edited:
ABC debuted a new half-hour sitcom tonight. "United We Fall" is about a married couple with two young daughters, a live-in mom, and an annoying brother. Her mom moved in with them while she was recovering from an illness...two years ago. Never left. Drives them all crazy. We laughed enough tonight during the two-episode premier that we probably jiggled enough calories to burn off supper. :LOL: The dialog is tight, the acting spot-on, and the lines so related with Himself's and my child-rearing days life. :LOL: We have a date each upcoming Wednesday night from 8 to 8:30 with "Bill" and "Jo".

We have been watching a sitcom on BritBox called Mrs. Brown's Boys. It is hysterical!!!! There is some "strong language" but it is a great show. If you like British humor you have to check it out.

We have been watching a sitcom on BritBox called Mrs. Brown's Boys. It is hysterical!!!! There is some "strong language" but it is a great show. If you like British humor you have to check it out.

Mrs. Brown cracks me the heck up...I can hardly breathe and watch.

Cheryl...have you seen the latest episode of Yellowstone on Paramount TV, S3E4? I know you love it too.
Ohhhh it just gets better every season and this one just blew us away!!
Great TV...

Started watching Perry Mason. I think they are trying so hard to make very artistic that is just boring. Well, maybe not boring, but so sloooowww....

"Nominations for the 72nd annual Emmy Awards were unveiled Tuesday, and Netflix walked away with a massive 160 nods — the most of any network or streamer.

"Netflix’s “Ozark” and HBO’s “Succession” led drama categories with 18 nominations each, while Amazon’s “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” dominated the comedy side with 20 nods. However, HBO’s “Watchmen” landed the most nominations of any series, securing 26 nods for the Regina King-led show."

And Schitt's Creek earned 15 nominations! [emoji16]

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/emmys-2020-nominations-complete-list-1234715939/

Cheryl...have you seen the latest episode of Yellowstone on Paramount TV, S3E4? I know you love it too.
Ohhhh it just gets better every season and this one just blew us away!!
Great TV...

Oh, I sure did! I'll watch this one to the end. :ohmy::)

I just started binging on The Good Wife.

Big Julianna Margoliese (sp), fan.

Almost finished with Blue Bloods and was needing another good show. It is different, but still very good.

I tried Law and Order SVU, but it is boring.

Welp, we watched "The Good Place" season four over three evenings this week. *sigh* All gone. We really enjoyed the series. Until we got the disc, we were wondering how it would get finished off, seeing as how the creators decided that this would be the last season even before they began filming. All that was missing from the wrap-up was a bow.

It's nice to watch a series all the way to the end. Some shows seem to go long past what should be their expiration point, ending up stinking as much as a package of fish with last week's "Use by" date. "The Good Place" went out on a high note.

Regarding Yellowstone, I need to figure a way to watch the first few seasons without paying for it again. I think I found it. It seems that I get Peacock for free as an Xfinity customer. The catch is that you have to add Flex (free) to your account. Then I get access to the first two seasons albeit with some commercials. I currently have YTTV to get the current season.

I just finished Perry Mason on HBO. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I wonder if the old series is worth a watch? Not the Raymond Chandler version but the one in the 50s?

Bbqcoder, I've heard about Peacock recently. I sure hope you find away to watch all of the seasons of Yellowstone. #4 starts around mid June 2021! Way too long to wait, lol.

Back
Top Bottom