Life to do over, part 2 (the parts you WANT to do over)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
What part of your life was so great that you would LOVE to do it over, exactly the same, and enjoy it even more the second time around? It can be a specific event, or a period of years. I'd do my 30s over (I'm 51). They were great. Insecurities of the teens and twenties over, lots of travel. For the early part a career I enjoyed, later when the military assignments clouded any chance for advancement, years of being "just a housewife". Half in Virginia and half in Hawaii, both states I LOVE. I love my life now, but I consider those years to have been my very best.

I was born in 1942 and I think the best part of my life was when I was in my 30's. I was divorced from my husband and I dated a lot and met some very interesting men. I went on a lot of vacations with a girlfriend and the one that I remember the most was when we flew from LAX to New York and then to Athens. We boarded a large ship and saw Turkey, all the Greek Islands, Cairo, the pyramids and last but not least Israel.

Jill and Jolie

As a wise philosopher once said:

Jimmy Buffett said:
Some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way.

Honestly, though... I believe I have been 'in the moment' and loved the good times for all I was worth, never taking anything for granted... and the bad times strengthened me in various ways. Financial hardship taught me how to survive and made me know the value of money. Bad relationships helped me to understand what is important and now I'm in by FAR the best relationship of my life. No complaints here.

(I do, however, wish they had come out with digital cameras a long time ago.)

Another way in which I would like to do my life over is doing more traveling through the United States and Europe.

I did a lot of traveling in my 20's but now that I am 64 there are still so many places for me to visit.

I could take a real luxury bus tour that only stopped in the best hotels or motels and if I went alone I would request my own room. I think I will go to the travel agent and get some suggestions.

My babies....I miss the wonderful smell of my babies. I loved playing games with them, doing blocks and puzzles and watching sing along videos with them. I loved when they first learned to walk and talk. I loved that constant look of wonder and amazement. I loved watching them sleep the sleep of innocence.

Now, there are these grown people who come in at all hours, stay up half the night, leave more hair in the shower than bigfoot, believe electricity is free, and think I don't know how much booze is in my liquor cabinet:glare::kiss: I do still like watching them sleep...:rolleyes:

corazon90 said:
I'd relive the last 4 years, when I got pregnant with Aidan. Having kids has been my greatest joy. I would watch them both so closely because it has been going by so fast. They change so quickly, I'd want to absorb it all again.

You took the words right out of my mouth - or, I guess I should say you took the thoughts right out of my head - my thoughts exactly.

I miss my Best Friend Tony, We did everything together for years, He died in 1993 I will miss him always.
That said I would trade no one for my Barbara, She is my best friend now and I would give my life Gladly to save hers.
I do however Love all of you here, You are very important to me as well. Life isn't about money or power in the end (however they are nice to have LOL) Life is all about who you were and how you treated "EVERYONE" around you.

With that said too, I wished I could get one more lesson of how to start a Lawnmower from my father and watch him smile as I mowed the lawn or perhaps when I did the "Right Thing" and my mother told me she was proud of me. :cool:

One thing, for sure, that I wouldn't change in my life is staying home and raising my little girls until they were both in school. I loved having babies, tucking them in at night, singing to them, sewing pretty dresses and Halloween costumes, having birthday and slumber parties...
I also enjoyed being a homemaker...it was my profession, so to speak. I gardened, cooked, canned, made jellies, painted, hung wallpaper, made curtains and slipcovers, did a little plumbing and electrical work, learned how to swing a hammer and put things together....

The other, really important thing I wouldn't change is saying yes to Kim.

My romance with Paul.
He's brought love, friendship, safety, happiness, smiles
and contentment to my life.

I know this sounds silly... but after 9 years
I still feel those butterflies. I still get that giddy feeling when
Paul walks in at night. Love is still in the air.

pdswife said:
I know this sounds silly... but after 9 years
I still feel those butterflies. I still get that giddy feeling when
Paul walks in at night. Love is still in the air.

I'm with you, PDS, Lou and I have been together for 7 years now and I still get all sappy from a simple carress.:wub:

Cora, when my kids were young, like yours are now, I was too exhausted to feel anything like butterflies. I had the kids, I was going back to work, my husband and I had a home to run. Romance was perfunctory, to say the least. When they got a bit older that was when the fun started again. You'll always cherish these years, and you should. But, hang in there, you won't be pouring milk forever.:brows:

can i restart from day 1?

it has all been such a great trip, and it keeps getting better. i've been incredibly lucky, or blessed, or both i guess.

i've always thought that i must have saved a busload of nuns from a terrible accident in a previous life.

even in the darkest despair, there's always a perspective, always a way to look at it and smile and maybe laugh. many of my friends say that that's the irish in me.

I would put my in-laws into place alot sooner because after we finally did life was great with them. We all got along great again like before we were married.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom