Little girls and chickens...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sandyj

Sous Chef
Just dropped middle daughter off at University this week end...two down one to go. I've been feeling a little heartsore.....Last night I prepared a roast chicken dinner with all the fixings - I was missing my daughter, it's her favourite meal. She was so busy saying good-bye to all her friends in that last week before d-day, she was hardly home. As I got busy preparing the meal, I was musing about how it seems my girls were only little things just the other day! Suddenly I remembered a Sunday about 17 years ago, when my eldest was 4, and I was busy getting a chicken ready to roast. She was next to me, her head eye level with the counter, chatting away. I had moved over, busy with stuffing or something, and there was a brief silence as she stood staring at the raw chicken, waiting on a plate to be stuffed. And then, a serious little voice, "hey Mommy! I think I found the place where they shot the chicken". ;)

Several years ago when I was about 9 and my brother was about 5 we got together and played cowboys and indians with our great aunts chicken and boy did we give those chickens a run for their life. :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Hearing stories about chickens reminds me of a story my mama told me about being chased around by a "guinea". I guess they can get pretty rough! Just think...soon you will be going to your daughters home for the chicken!

I remember Rocking with Anna early in the mornings feeding her a bottle. And when she was afraid Running behind my leg. I became "INVINCIBLE" I could feel the Armour and I knew No One Could get Through Me To Her!:king: :bb: :boxing: :zorro: :bangin: :bash: :ninja: :alien:

Oh Sandy,

I know how you feel...I had four leave the nest and each one took a little piece of my heart with them...Now my little grandson Cade started kindergarten last tuesday and I still find myself getting things ready to make his breakfast, then realize he isn't coming:( ..It gets better, but it hurts like the dickens though. Just wait til that first break in school, and the hug and smile you'll get:)
kadesma

Thanks for the encouragement! My eldest and youngest daughters have been keeping upwith their sister via instant messaging & keeping me posted (I'm not allowed to hover). My eldest hates that story about finding the place where they shot the chicken, but it's one of my best memories. ;)

Oh, and Kadesma, how selfish of me not to say anything about your little grandson going off to kindergarten - how you must miss him! Well, for now, you can still sniff his sweet little boy smell and give him hug when he comes home!

Not selfish at all Sandy, I know that your heart is in the right place:) But, a big thank you for your thoughts.

kadesma

My children have been gone several years, but my grandaughter and her son came to live with us when he was 2. They lived with us for almost 3 years. Even now, I find myself waiting for "someone else" to wake up and come to breakfast. They've been gone a year and still this lingers.

hey licia, I have all that to look forward to, too (I hope). How absolutely wonderful, though, that you had that exclusive time with your grand daughter and great grandson. -sandyj

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom