Lobster and Caviar burger being sold at Wendy's Japan....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kleenex,

As I mentioned on your Mc Donald´s Thread or Burger King, I forget which; it is very common for foreign countries to the USA, to use their local products in their chain food restaurants. It is same here in Spain & Italy, and the Japanese are big fans of the fish world ... They also do alot of catered children´s birthday parties ...

In Morocco and other mid east nations, burgers are made with Lamb and in India as well ...

Good and interesting news, and thanks for posting.
Have lovely August.
Margi.

margi, your reply makes no sense. i'm not trying to be rude, but lobster and caviar are not local products of japan.

and do they serve children at those catered parties?

lol. :wacko:

Buckytom, Buon Giorno, Good Morning,

Firstly, perhaps you are right in this instance ...

JAPAN is a huge importer of wild Lobster and wild Fish varieties ... They fish out the seas, as we say here ... They have huge contracts with Spain for the Galician and French Brittany & Norwegian Fish varieties ...

Caviar is from Iran, and the USA has sanctions with this country ... I believe the European Union has done same, however, I am uncertain to which extent and if that includes Caviar Importing ... In Spain, they raise River Sturgeon in Granada which is delicious ...

Anyway, Japanese Business Executives are big on power lunches, and thus, this is what I meant to indicate and had not.

The children in Japan, today´s generation, are more veered to want to try Western types of cuisines. None the less, their lunch boxes, are steeped in Japanese tradition ( I know several Expats living in Spain, who had lived in Japan ) and taught English in Japan.

Interesting post none the less, and children normally do not care much for shellfish ( unless fried ) and prefer the Chicken Nuggets, Chicken Fried and Burgers without Cheese in Japan. Asians do not care much for Cheese ... As matter of fact, the Tofu is their cheese, and they also have soy beans, of all colors which they sub for cheese ...

I am highly allergic to Soy in any form, and thus, I can only have sashimi or sushi with wasabi, ginger & daikon ... No soy ---

Hope this clarifies, what I had meant --- Business executives do invite their American affiliates to American style restaurants in Japan ---

Have lovely August,
Margi.

Back
Top Bottom